have i got a leak

west
on 4/28/11 3:35 am - United Kingdom
im so down at the moment 5 months in and hardly lost any weight they kept saying when u get to restriction it will start dropping of well i thought i was getting there then 7 weeks ago after a fill it felt like i had no band in rang them up went for a fluid check 1 ml missing they put in another ml come back in 3 weeks for another fluid check went back tday another ml missing thats 2 mls in 7 weeks so if theres not a leak i have 8.5 ml now there saying ive got to go back in 6 weeks for another check can anyone help:)
Tarris
on 4/28/11 3:42 am
I'm so sorry.  What a bummer.  I don't even understand how a leak happens?  Does it get a puncture or something during surgery...poked while filling...regardless, I'm sorry you're going through this.  Hopefully someone here who has had one can help describe next steps for you.  You'll get it sorted out.

west
on 4/28/11 3:46 am - United Kingdom
i think it happened at a band fill she pressed v hard and a screamed out im wonderig if she went through my tubing thanx for yr reply.
Hermosa L
on 4/28/11 4:15 am
I'm not sure WHY your doctors office isn't concerned with this? Should they be inquiring as to WHY your missing cc's ?
west
on 4/28/11 4:20 am - United Kingdom
ihi, there checking me again in 5 weeks what annoyed me is they said if its not a significant amount there not goin to scan me they said a ml each time isent significant and if it was a leak id have nothing in the band it keeps goin down till 5.5ml everytime
shellqueen
on 4/28/11 4:38 am - New Brighton, MN
Mine ended up being a defect by the manufacturer. Also, I've heard that air can get in there if you have an unfill. One option would be to have it checked out by fluroscope. I'm sorry you are going through this. K
Jean M.
on 4/28/11 5:53 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Well, I wouldn't wait 6 whole weeks for another check, but I'm very pushy.

I've asked Kate P. to pop in on this thread since she's had a band leak and she's on your side of the pond.

Good luck!
Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

swiss58
on 4/29/11 12:01 am
Hi, so sorry that you are having to go thru this.  I know hw you feel.  I wasted a whole year messing around last year.  Was good in Dec 2009 then they went for til Aug of 2010 until they actually did something.  They kept having me come in to check it and they could only get 1 ml or less out at a time.  Finally we found that they needed to go in and see what needed to be done, if it was just the port or a leak in the tubing.  You have to get accepted for ins. etc. and it takes time.  I had the sugery in Aug not knowing if they'd replace the whole thing or just the port.  Turned out the tubing had come unconnected from the port. (Afterwards I saw how it is made and it is sooooo poorly made that I thought now wonder it came undone.)  Then they started filling me again pretty fast and ended up that they couldn't get anything to go in my port or to come out so again prepared for sugery in December.  This time they replaced the realize band and put in a LapBand.  I'm just now getting to restriction.  My first year went well, but I sure have just messed around for quite some time.

I would not wait for 6 weeks to have it checked again.  I know they made me come in probably at least 4 or 5 times "checking" - was a real waste of time.  Koye
shellqueen
on 4/29/11 3:49 am - New Brighton, MN
I hear you! That was my experinece the first 3 years- some of it messing up on my part and not just getting it! K
Most Active