In reponse to / finding my way back

star1_13_80
on 5/5/11 1:31 am - HOUSTON, TX
 Before  I start the reason why I posted here is because I didnt want my reply to get   lost or looked over .

OK with that being said ....I too  like the Young lady said had lost my way. I had the lapband almost 5 years ago I was 315 HW and 309 SW  . I lost about 115 pounds very slowly and about a year ago I got pregnant with twins and lost them and i stuff my face with everything I saw ............Any who     .....I said to myself  I have to get this weight off .............I started looking into getting the VSG after gaining 30 pounds in that year . I PICKED A DOCTOR IN MEXICO ...i PAID MY DEPOSIT ...I BOUGHT MY PASS PORT AND PLANE TICKET ..........BUT i JUST COULDNT DO IT . I was scared and I am a single mother of 3 and said I need to save the money .

Getting back on track ..........I went and had a fill and YES my Dr. did ask if I wanted diet pills and YES I tooked them !  I felt I needed more than just a fill to get back on track ..........after months of shoving what ever i wanted down my throat I felt I need the extra help. With that being said ........I dont take them everyday only during the week and I break them in  half when I  do take them. I work out 4 to 5 times a week and watch what I eat. I have lost 15 pounds of the 30 and have 15 pounds to go ...to get back to where I was .Even with the pills it has not been a day at the beach but .........I feel sexy now .........I can look at myself and smile again ...........Is the VSG  in the back of my mind ? Yes .....          Will I ever get it ? I dont know ........But the purpose of this post was to tell people that have lost there way .........You can find it again .......with or with out diet pills ....But I knew Honey I needed help ...so I went with a fill and the pills .

Hermosa L
on 5/5/11 5:21 am
You need to do what's best for you. My doctors office offers pills also .. but hey also offer classes to help you understand why we over eat or eat when we are not hungry.

I think you have the band you need to use what you have right now and work it to the best of you ability .. girl ride that band till the wheels fall off!! :)

I just got a fill myself .2 to help me lose the remaining of my weight gain and hopefully a little more.

Good Luck :)
star1_13_80
on 5/5/11 7:54 am - HOUSTON, TX
 Hey lady ....how have you been ? I have been doing ok working out  M-F . I dont need a class I know why I over eat 80% of the time . I am either depressed or stressing about something .But something else happen to me  in 2010 after I lost the twins ..............I started eating large amounts of sweets .....cakes ...cookies ...fruit juices ........if it had sugar I wanted it and lots of it . I was never that way before . So the pills help me with the cravings ........funny thing is I was at the gym about an hour ago and realized I had not taken it ...however I was not craving anything so I will not take one on today. I dont want to be on them for ever but I know I need extra help ! Thanks for being there for me when I was thinking about getting the VSG. But I do want to say right now I think its 80% pills.. ...excerise and 20% band . But I like as long as it is coming off .
cheyenne000
on 5/5/11 9:17 am
VSG on 03/25/16
So sorry for your loss. You sound like you are back on track  with the band 'Congrats" you have done a fantastic job.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

PameW
on 5/5/11 10:37 am
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. A loss as great as that is devistating. It would have drove most people to do something distructive. Food was your easiest choice and most familiar.

That being said, it is a good thing you have an adjustable band that you can get a fill in and help you restrict your portions again. I understand in your desperation to get the weight off, you chose to go with pills, but no pill is going to help if you don't understand the science of why you chose carbs and sugar. A good book to read is The end of overeating by David Kessler. He explains how companies load up foods with certain things to make us crave them. Once you understand the science behind it, maybe you won't be craving those things.

I'm working my way thru the book now and trying to make changes little by little! I hope you continue to keep working your band and pray that you continue to stay on track!

Good Luck!
star1_13_80
on 5/6/11 8:56 am - HOUSTON, TX
 thanks for your positive advice ...........I will  order the book and hope it helps me stay on track !
Most Active