anyone else have problems with........

tmal66
on 5/18/11 9:11 am - Aurora, CO
ice-cream/frozen yogurt?   The last couple of times I have tried to ha a little ice-cream, I get stuck.  Has anyone else had issues with this?
j.johnson26
on 5/18/11 9:38 am - FL
 wow!!  i wouldnt thin****cream wud get stuck.. i am 2 months post op yesterday and had icecream the other day and had no problems... kinda sux cuz hardly anything gets stuck..only meat if not chewd to nothing......good luck!
Vanessa0125
on 5/18/11 2:12 pm - CA
 I have the same problem I am two weeks out and I have no restriction at all. I have to wait another 4 weeks to even be able to get a fill and it is really frustrating! I completely know how you feel.

Andrea H.
on 5/18/11 9:51 am - Middletown, NJ
VSG on 04/08/13
 I do with hard ice-cream, and frozen yogurts.  I think it is too cold for me, it kind of feels like "brain freeze" in my chest.  

HW 300, SW (Realize Band) 268, Revision to VSG 264

Yelena K.
on 5/18/11 5:55 pm - Plymouth, MN
 Yep! I definitely have a problem with it and ice cream is my FAVORITE. I have to eat it REALLY slowly or I get stuck. Something about the milkiness... when I drink milk too fast, I have the same problem.

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/11 9:42 pm
I have a really hard time with ice cream -- which is a VERY good thing for me! I think it's because it is so cold I can feel my band tighten right up as soon as I eat a couple of bites.
chorn0312
on 5/18/11 11:16 pm
Hmmmmm.....I didn't know you could get stuck when you eat ice cream. I haven't tried it yet since having surgery.

* I lost 7 lbs. on the pre-op diet.* 
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/11 11:45 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
On May 18, 2011 at 4:11 PM Pacific Time, tmal66 wrote:
ice-cream/frozen yogurt?   The last couple of times I have tried to ha a little ice-cream, I get stuck.  Has anyone else had issues with this?
The narrow passage of your upper stomach is swollen and irritated for whatever reason and you should either give it a complete rest or get it unfilled. If you keep trying to force foods through it you are going to end up in a painful place and your band will need to be removed.
LisaCultJam
on 5/19/11 2:39 am
Hi there,

I'm a year & a half out and I have ice cream problems too.  I think it's the cold stuff that shuts me down.  I just can't get it through.  When the weather/temperature is cold I'm tighter too.  If I eat the ice cream really slow- take a lick and let it melt in my mouth until it's body temperature before I swallow- then I can eat it.

Elana might have something with that creamy/milkiness theory.  My protein drinks are chocolate-milky and I sometimes have trouble with it- even if it's not refrigerated.
        2011 goal                                  It works if you work it!  

Most Active