Any Texas patients????

dakota80
on 5/28/11 2:16 am - TX
  Hi there!
I am an independent dietitian in Houston and I will be working with two non-surgical physicians in the future to provide pre and post-op medical and nutrition care to bariatric patients. 

I am currently referring to several surgeons in Texas and have a private Facebook support group. 

The existing pre-op patients would truly benefit from hearing your experiences and opinions. Not to mention, your support! I would like to connect them all with other Texas patients and their support groups, etc. If you are on FB and would like to be added to the private group, please shoot me an email. 

Kind Regards,

Dana McDonald, RD, CNSC, LD
[email protected]
https://www.facebook.com/danamarlane
:)
Lisaizme
on 5/28/11 3:52 am - TX
I'm in the Pineywoods of east Texas.

I'm confused, you're working with physicians who aren't surgeons and also working with post-op bariatric patients?
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

dakota80
on 5/28/11 4:23 am - TX
Yes, I am a bariatric dietitian.  I worked for a bariatric surgeon in the past, but recently resigned to work independently of a surgeon's office.   I loved my position and will continue to practice bariatrics, but I don't want to be tied to one surgeon. I am planning to team up with 2 physicians (who are not surgeons) to provide true (non-biased) multi-disciplinary care to pre-op and post-op bariatric patients.   For instance, I am in the process of ordering in high dose oral and injectable vitamins (supplements that are much needed) to improve long-term care. 

I just want to improve patient care in your population without being restricted to the beliefs or opinions of one surgeon. I am also interested in contributing to this field by participating in research and publishing data regarding nutrition before and after surgery. 

I am approaching you all because my former pre-op patients are seeking advice/input from patients who have used other physicians.
I hope this makes sense. :)

If you are on FB, add me and I will add you into our group and you can check it out. They will be happy to hear from you.  I also provide a lot of nutrition advice there, etc. so it's kinda neat. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Dana

Lisaizme
on 5/28/11 4:31 am - TX
fb friend request sent.  I would've added a message so you'd know who this was, but there wasn't that option available.  ::shrug::
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Most Active