Calories Burned

misscrys
on 6/1/11 3:58 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Does anyone know of any devices (similar to the Body Bugg) that will electronically calculate your calories burned. Would love to get the Body Bugg but it's a little out of my price range.

Thanks,
Crystal

...Includes 24 lbs lost before surgery

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/11 4:42 am
YEP!!

I just a Polar F6.     I paid $110.00 for it 4 years ago, and its still kickin it.  Love it!!  There's no way I could work out without it.   They have newer models now, but the price is still much less than the Bugg.

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/
crystal M.
on 6/1/11 4:56 am - Joliet, IL
The FitBit is a lot like the the Body Bugg.  I don't have one but I really, really want one. 

http://www.fitbit.com/
Lisaizme
on 6/1/11 6:53 am - TX
I also use a Polar HR Monitor.  Mine is the FT-7.

Consumer Reports did an evaluation of HR (Heart Rate) Monitors recently.. The ones with the chest strap usually work a little better.

Nice thing about polar is that they work with a lot of of the exercise equipment out there.. you'll often see the word Polar or their symbol on them.

I think Body Media is the same company that makes BodyBugg.. and it's a *****eaper.  Fitbit is a good option too.

The thing I don't like about the body bugg is that it only comes with a 6 month website membership.. then you have to start paying for THAT too.  With the prices of everything going up and employment so hard to come by.. I dont want something that I have to keep on sinking $$ into month after month.  JMO.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

marl16
on 6/1/11 8:23 am - NJ
That fitbit looks so cool!

kathkeb
on 6/1/11 8:50 am
I had a Body Bugg (the Go-Wear Fit version) that I gave away.

I prefer a heart rate monitor ----- and I use the Polar F6 with a chest strap.
It is compatible with the equipment at my gym, and it does not pick up the readings from the people exercising next to me.

I aim to burn 300 calories a day --- then, anything above that number, I 'eat back' 1/2 of what I burn.

So, when I burn 500 calories, I let myself eat an additonal 100 calories that day.
Kath

michele1
on 6/1/11 10:09 am
Revision on 07/07/15
Thanks Ladies  all this talk about these and I had to get one!!!!

I have my 3 year surgery anniversary coming up on June 10 so I figured this would be a nice present to myself........... like how I justified it LOL.....

It will be nice to get a more accurate count of what I am burning, I often wonder if what I get from the machines at the gym or Daily Plate is right.

It dawned on me what if I eat the calories burned (which Daily Plate says I need to do) and it is wrong......could that lead to no loss or a gain??

So thanks once again...... I got the Polar ft7...found it for 82.00 and free shipping.........

Michele
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/11 11:41 pm
On June 1, 2011 at 5:09 PM Pacific Time, michele1 wrote:
Thanks Ladies  all this talk about these and I had to get one!!!!

I have my 3 year surgery anniversary coming up on June 10 so I figured this would be a nice present to myself........... like how I justified it LOL.....

It will be nice to get a more accurate count of what I am burning, I often wonder if what I get from the machines at the gym or Daily Plate is right.

It dawned on me what if I eat the calories burned (which Daily Plate says I need to do) and it is wrong......could that lead to no loss or a gain??

So thanks once again...... I got the Polar ft7...found it for 82.00 and free shipping.........

Michele
You're going to LOVE IT!!!!

Ive been using Livestrong.com (Daily Plate) for over 4 years now, and I promise you the counts are WRONG.   So are the machines.     They either way too high or way too low...

Youll never work out without your FT7 again!!!        Then youre going to wonder why you didnt buy it sooner.. LOL

Enjoy it!!!
michele1
on 6/2/11 5:17 am
Revision on 07/07/15
Thanks, looking forward to it...... especially for things like mowing the lawn (push mower) and other active non gym stuff.

I am thinking that inaccurate counts might have something to do with not getting the results that match the effort.......... here I am thinking I am burning 300 calories when I most likely are only burning 150 or so.........

Thanks again...........I look forward to joining the FT7 gang LOL!!!!!

Michele
gaylancsu
on 6/3/11 4:41 am - Clayton, NC
I have a Polar F6... It seems to keep my heart rate accurately but I still question the cals it says I am burning- 1 hour of jazzercise at low intensity is 800 and 1 hour at high is 1200!?!?  I still have a ways to go weight wise, but this astounds me.

Lap-Band Surgery 10/8/2009  (all weight loss Post-Op)     

Most Active