First Time for Everything

Brown_Eyed_Girl2010
on 6/1/11 12:22 am
Lap Band on 12/02/10 with
Okay so I spent the last week in Cuba and for the first time I lost weight on vacation, to the tune of 16lbs!!  I think it was due to the fact that foods are fresh there, not processed, out of a box, or frozen for the last 5 years.  It also could have been the tons of walking we did every day and the fact that the sweat just pours off of you.  Either way I would love to go back today!!  Counting down the days until I can go back next year and working on starting a used ballet shoe drive as for a ballet company there that teaches children.  Sad to have had to come home but so exceited to have lost weight on vacation!!

Starting Weight 309  Surgery Day Weight 267  Goal Weight 170     
crystal M.
on 6/1/11 12:28 am - Joliet, IL
I think you're right.  The chemicals and preservatives in processed/frozen/prepackaged our not good for us and have been proven to effect our metabolism.  Eating fresh foods your body is more likely to use and burn those calories...where as the processed foods tend to be stored as fat.  I eat as fresh as possible for this reason.  Try to incorporate this in your daily life.   
vlp1968
on 6/1/11 12:48 am
Very nice job loosing weight on vacation. Keep up the good work! I bet it was all the walking, shows what excersise can do. I had the experience of at least not gaining weight on a week at Disney- and I ate whatever I wanted.
Carolinawoman56
on 6/1/11 3:11 am - NC

I am not sure where to post this question.My doctor has suggested I have lapband surgery.I am on cobra insurance through United Health that will end in Dec 2011.I found that my current insurance will not pay for any bariactric surgery.I will be looking for new insurance and would like to know what companies pay for the surgery.Any info will be appreciated....Judy

marl16
on 6/1/11 8:26 am - NJ
Cuba sounds awesome!!  Would love to get there someday.  Yahoo on losing weight on vaca.  That is certainly foreign to me!  Keep it up!

Most Active