Complications with fill???

patriceo
on 6/6/11 6:43 pm
Hey everyone! It has been awhile since I have posted here but since I had my surgery on April 4 I have lost about 52 lbs! I have so much more energy and can fit into clothes that I haven't been able to wear in years!  Thing is I just had my second fill last Thursday and I have been having acid reflux daily ever since. It comes and goes throughout the day.  The time when I don't feel it is when I first get up in the morning.   I know that my esophagus is irritated too but it feels like something is stuck in my chest as well even if I haven't eaten anything.   I haven't eaten much just been on liquids.  My surgeon says to take Prilosec twice a day and Pepcid 3 times a day and if it doesn't calm down to come back and let him take some out.  I really don't want any removed but I am scared of band slippage.  Anyone experience this after having a fill????  It has subsided some but not much.
God give me the courage to change the things that I can

vlp1968
on 6/6/11 9:04 pm
I would do what your doc. says, give it a few days and if it's not better get a slight unfill. Just a little bit out could make a world of difference. Hopefully, if you need an unfill you will still have restriction. Feel better soon.
barbara314
on 6/6/11 9:45 pm
vlp is right.  Listen to your doctor.
~ Barbara 

Stephanie M.
on 6/6/11 11:48 pm
You sound like you are too tight...do what the doctor said.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

cheyenne000
on 6/7/11 12:38 am
VSG on 03/25/16
I had this happen twice I took the acid blockers but the only thing that helped was a small unfill.  hope you feel better soon.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

sfnativewm
on 6/7/11 12:47 am
I would do liquids for a few days and see if that helps.  also never eat before bed, I try for at least 3 hours.   BUT, if it was me I would have a tad taken out!   Safety first.  Good luck!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

Hislady
on 6/7/11 6:57 am - Vancouver, WA
If this is an everyday thing you need a tiny unfill. There is no shame in getting a small unfill in fact it will help. When you have the reflux issue you tend to eat what is easy not what we are supposed to. The reflux can cause more problems that aren't so easily fixed
debbie H.
on 6/7/11 10:47 am - AR
I had to have a slight unfill about 6 or 8 weeks ago.  Like you, I imagine, I was so afraid my weight loss would stop.  It was so slight, and it really did help me.  I wasn't having reflux, but couldn't get down 3 oz of protein.  It can eventually be put back when needed.  But acid can really do damage if not taken care of.  Don't worry, and do what's necessary for your health. 

Most Active