It's official: I'm TIRED of OH

Bette B.
on 6/20/11 11:11 am
Oh my god. All the whining and *****ing and cat fighting and in fighting and name calling and finger pointing and bashing each other. And that is JUST IN HERE!

You can all feel free to carry on as you like. I only wish you could have seen what this place was like when I started using OH eight years ago. I've been posting less and less just because it actually DEPRESSES me to come on here - to ANY of the boards now. 

This is not "goodbye, cruel forum" or "goodbye cruel site." I'm not leaving. If you need me, PM me. But if any of you wonder why I'm not posting as much - or not at all - look around.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

-Mari-
on 6/20/11 11:36 am
 BUT.........
I know what you mean!!
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
jaxmom
on 6/21/11 1:01 am
hi mari!!!!!!!!!!! how have you been???????????
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

-Mari-
on 6/21/11 6:05 am
Hey, Jaxmom, I am great, how about you!! Still cooking those yummy recipes?? I'm traveling to Seattle next month, making plans for that.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
cheyenne000
on 6/20/11 11:52 am
VSG on 03/25/16
I sure wish I could have seen it back then Bette. I have seen a big change just in the 2 1/2 years I have been on.  Thats why I don't post much any more.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Kate -True Brit
on 6/20/11 6:51 pm - UK
Bette, my feelings exactly. When I joined over 5 years ago we did have our fights. Remember the Great Protein Shake Wars? But they were limited to views on eating habits! With the exception of the two main participants in the GPSW, there was very little *****iness.

I used to love oh! Such a shame that so many vets are doing the same. I know that many have left for the same reasons. We get told they have left because their band has failed them. True for some but so many just feel as we do. I did try to hang on - why should the nay sayers chase me off? But I simply cannot be bothered these days. Not anger on my part - boredom! Glad I did happen to log on in time to see this thread.

We also had, back then, RNY versus band threads. But not all that nasty!

I have no idea what sparked this particular thread as I only open this board every couple of weeks. But, like you, I am always ready to answer PMs, I see them as the are notified to my e mail.

Keep in touch. Kate.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

sesmith
on 6/20/11 9:32 pm
I think people are more unhappy and stressed. Worried about the increased cost of living, less jobs. I see a lot more angry patients. People feel healthcare should work because they are paying so much for it, and the hassle of dealing with their plans.   
Dev *.
on 6/20/11 11:27 pm - Austin, TX
Yeah, well, it's easy to get tired of having the same fight over and over again, and apparently some people are just more tenacious and never seem to grow bored of picking that fight.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

betorah
on 6/20/11 11:42 pm - West Hartford, CT
I wish I could say that I thought anything was different, but after not posting for almost three years, things seem par for the course.  I, too, remember the "Great Protein Shake Wars."  I remember getting flamed on my very first posting four years ago.  I remember wars with members of the DS forum that were so bad that both the Rants and Raves forum and the Lap Band Graduates forum were created as a result.
So I know that you didn't post this to have people beg you to stay, but please do.  Your insigt and humor are needed.

whatadream
on 6/21/11 12:06 am - NH
I joined a few months ago.  I have experienced the fighting.  It takes away from why we're really here.  I have learned to close the thread when it is related to a fight.  I'm here for the information and the support.  So, please stay !
Most Active