Getting my 3rd fill Saturday

jules777
on 8/4/11 6:45 am - CA
I am going to get my 3rd fill this Saturday, I hope this will work, I have been the same weight now for about 4 months. I had my band in January 2011 and have only lost 40 lbs including the 20 lbs I had to loose before surgery. This surgical tool is definately not what i thought it was going to be. I wasnt expecting miracles but i was thinking it would be a little more helpful of a tool than it has been so far....

debbie H.
on 8/4/11 12:22 pm - AR
Sorry, Jules!  Got my band in January too, but have 4 fills mixed with 2 slight unfills.  My lapband buddy was about on her 9th fill before she felt restriction, but then had to have an unfill twice, and  she was banded before us!  I have lost only about 38 lbs, but it was all post-op.  I exercise my butt off, but I happen to love Curves Zumba.  I eat lapband rules most all the week, but often on the weekend bend the rules a bit.  So for me, who is a slow loser anyway, it's partly my fault.  My fills are prepaid for 18 months, and my docs office sees me every 2 to 4 weeks depending on which I want. So I think I may have had more opportunity for fills.  My lapband buddy felt like you till she hit that restriction point and she hit it suddenly.  I think the average for finding that "sweet spot" is about 3 to 5 fills, however, my lapband buddy would definately argue that fact.  I think I'm in a good spot right now, and I'm hoping the same happens for you soon. 

Most Active