2 years post lapband...weight loss stopped

clacognata
on 8/5/11 8:20 am - Westmont, IL
I had my band over bypass surgery on 4/24/09 (RNY was 11/24/03).  I have stopped losing weight and have approx. 25lbs to loose to goal.  I started before my RNY @ 435lbs, loss to 297lbs, gained to 365lbs, preop lapband was 325lbs, current 227lbs.  I want to be at 200lbs for my tummy tuck, which is hopefully taking place in Oct.  At 2 month out, how much should I still be eating? Any tips to get back on track?  Tomorrow morning i am attending my support group in Hoffman Estates, IL to talk to some people. 

Any advise to get back on track would help......any words of motivation are welcome also.

Cara
PurplHaze
on 8/5/11 10:50 pm
Are you exercising? If not, that will help, if you are, try chaining up the routine. Sometimes lowering the carbs and upping protein is a good way to kickstart as well. Good luck, you have done really well so far.
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 11:41 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
Increase your exercise and water intake. You should also increase your protein intake to help with the post op healing.

Make sure you are getting adequate vitamins and only eat healthy foods.
grannymedic1
on 8/6/11 6:42 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
This stall is probably not permanent, but when you get so close to your goal you do tend to lose more slowly.It is very aggrevating, to say the least. Some people respond well to adding around 250 calories a day for a week or so if your body has gotten used to the same level for a while. Changing out the exercise routine helps for some, too. For example, if you normally do a lot of cardio try going to strength training for a couple of weeks. Our bodies tend to want change in order to change. Give some of the advice you have gotten in your responses a try. Good luck.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Hislady
on 8/6/11 8:56 am - Vancouver, WA
I think the others are right on track, unfortunately the closer to goal the harder to lose the last few pounds. Usually the only thing that will work at this stage is increased exercise. that should kick start it!
clacognata
on 8/18/11 4:18 am - Westmont, IL
Thanks everyone.....it sounds like exercise is the key word here.  I am definetly not exercising like i should be.  I guess I will go back to charting my food and exercise logs.  It seems to be the only way to get the feeling of accountability for me. 

I appreciate all the replies.
Most Active