me and my band

3grlsmom
on 8/6/11 1:29 pm
 Hi everyone.  I havent been on this site for many months.  I just dropped in tonight to show a friend the site.  I was so sad t o see so many of us having a problem with their bands.  I was banded about 3.5 yrs. ago and lost 70 lbs. in 70 weeks.  I have kept it all off for the past 2 years and did an extended tummy tuck and breast reduction this past winter.  I started at 242 lbs. and am around 170-175lbs.  I never got to my "goal" but 170 is fine with me. 

I love my band.  I have had too many adjustments to even count.......my body is super sensitive to fills and I would rather be too loose than too tight.  I just wanted to let the folks lurking hereknow that there are so many success stories and yes "we" stop coming to this site as the many months and years go by.  Please dont be scared by what you read here......so many like their band tight due to the results.....to me slow and steady worked best.....it took me years to get so big - it seemed normal to take a while to get small (er).  

PS.....the "after" pix was after loosing only 40 lbs...I cant figure out to show real "after".........any idea?

Karen in NJ 

steelerfan1
on 8/6/11 1:55 pm
Karen you look awesome !!!!  I dont know how to do pics though so mabye somebody else can  help you :o)

Just wanted to say congrats on the weight loss !!! .  Slow and steady does win the race and you learn how to eat properly that way also :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Caidkin
on 8/7/11 12:01 pm - Canandaigua, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
Thanx for this post... as a lurker, its good to hear!!!!  You look great by the way!
Just had my RNY on 7.2.12!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!         
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 12:06 pm - Des Moines, IA
Congrats on your weight loss and your surgeries!  I agree when all is going great it's easy to not visit this board as much.  Just busy living life because it's great!
rach2847
on 8/8/11 6:35 am
Thank you for posting this. I was worried. I have had my band since March 2011 and love it. I was a little freaked out by all the negatively on here.

Most Active