Truth or Myth?

j_j_miller
on 8/28/11 1:09 pm
     Hello, so over the past 10 days or so I gained maybe 8 pounds. I was doing really good recently and had just lost over 30 pounds since the beginning of summer. Anyway I went on vacation, and well, you know the rest. Anyway I plan on getting on track tomorrow, already layed my clothes out for the gym and everything. But here is my question. Will it be easier to loose this recent 8 pound gain, than to loose weight that I gained forever ago. I dont know why I think it might make a difference, I even tried googling it, but I didnt come up with anything. Just interested what you guys have heard. Thanks Jen
vlp1968
on 8/28/11 9:25 pm
Unless your vacation was very long, I don't think you gained 8 pounds of fat. A significant amount is probably fluid retention. That will come off quickly. I just got back on track myself. I lost 5 pounds in 3 days. Of course that wasn't all fat. That's great your planning on going to the gym, excersise is such a huge piece of the puzzle. Best Wishes.
steelerfan1
on 8/28/11 11:57 pm
I am up almost 8 pounds also in about 9 days *sigh*.  I was told for us to gain a pound of fat  you had to eat at least 3500 calories a day and I know I haven't done that .

I have been just eating very high sodium foods the last two weeks .

It will come off fast but if I was you I would just stay off the scales for a couple for a week or maybe two and then weigh yourself, that is what I'm going to do.  .

Good Luck getting it off we can do this :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

carol468
on 8/29/11 12:06 am
I did the same thing when I went on vacation.  I made bad food choices and didn't excersise and gained 6 pounds.  It didn't take me very long to loose it I just ate my protein and excersised and in about a week it was off,,, good luck to you
Jean M.
on 8/29/11 12:18 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I spent a week in the Caribbean a few years ago and gained 6 pounds thanks to the continuous flow of rum punch. I don't recall how long it took to get rid of the 6 pounds but it was pretty fast.

To gain 8 pounds of real weight (fat, muscle), you would have had to eat an extra 28,000 calories - 2800 calories a day for 10 days.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

j_j_miller
on 8/29/11 1:48 am
Thanks for your replies. I was hoping that was maybe the case.  I just wasnt sure of the reasoning. I was feeling guilty (but of course enjoyed my vacation). So hearing that I have the possibility of being back to where I was in maybe a week is a good motivation for me. I still have 35 pounds or so to loose and cant wait till I only have to maintain. Anyway I am officially back on track. Thanks again Jen
kathkeb
on 8/29/11 2:30 am
8 pounds in 10 days is probably some fluid gain -- so that will probably come off quickly.

Add lots of water to flush your system --- that should help.

Typically, the first on, first off philosophy is true -- and then you get down to the 'hard lard' - the stuff that has been there a while -- and takes a while to go away.
Kath

PurplHaze
on 8/29/11 3:51 am
"Hard lard" - that made my day.....what a great expression!
Most Active