Lap Band and Diverticulitis

Kathi C.
on 9/14/11 12:45 am - Egg Harbor Township, NJ
After 21 days of diarrhea, I had a CT Scan of my abdomen and pelvis. I've been diagnosed with Diverticulitis.

Anyone else here have it? Any suggestions?
Be Particular  Self-respect is the most beautiful quality a woman can possess.

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 12:58 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
You could try upping your fiber, drinking more water and use a heating pad to help soothe the pain.

Feel better soon.
KellyR222
on 9/28/11 12:34 am
I had a severe bout of diverticulits over a year ago - it was horrible -- high, high fever, large doses of antibiotics - luckily I avoided hospitalization.  Make sure you stay on a liquid diet for quite a while to allow your colon to heal properly.  I started eating solid foods too soon after I started feeling better (about 3 days) and it caused a major flair up - I then stayed off for about a week.  My doctor told me that the worst thing for any person's colon is meat --- which is unfortunate given the amount of protein we're supposed to take in and that I love meat.  That being said - I'm cautious about the amount of meat I eat and try to get my protein from other sources.  I watch my fiber (staying at 25-30 grams/day is a lot easier said than done).  Most importantly I am now very attune to my bowel movements - how many I've had, etc... Good luck

Most Active