I found the perfect way to lose weight.

Palaminolady
on 9/27/11 3:31 am - Woden, TX
I am being sarcastic btw. It's been a long time since I've been on here but I felt like posting. I have a Dr. appt tommorrow with a bariatric Dr. But I have not been able to eat or drink for a few weeks now without it all coming back up. So, I'm gonna hopefully be fixed tommorrow but in the last 2 months I have lost around 40 lbs. Which sounds great BUT throwing up everything is not cool and I have NO engery and am dehydrating. So if this ever happens to you don't wait to go to the Dr. BTW, I had my bad put in 5 years ago and I do not regret it even a tiny bit and this is the first trouble I have had. I had the "thick liquid" in my band instead of saline so I have no idea if somehow it is corrupt or what. I will try to remember to let ya'll know.

Missy   135 pounds lighter    
tripmom02
on 9/27/11 4:00 am, edited 9/27/11 4:00 am - NJ
If this happened all of sudden, with no band adjustment to set it off, you might want to demand an Upper GI. Sudden restriction like this is often the first sign of a slip or herniation.

Good luck.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Palaminolady
on 9/27/11 4:06 am - Woden, TX
They will check it out tommorrow, I have my fingers crossed that it's an easy fix.

Lisa O.
on 9/27/11 4:31 am - Snoqualmie, WA
I've never heard of the "thick liquid" option.  That's really interesting. Do you get fills the same way? 

Good luck at your Dr. Appointment.  I hope everything is ok with the band.

Please keep us posted.

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Palaminolady
on 9/27/11 5:26 am - Woden, TX
I'm not really sure what "thick liquid" is, that is just what they called it. It made me much tighter and it has not evaperated over the last 4 years. They did that since I was not going to have the money to do more fills for awhile. I will ask the Dr. what exactly it is though.

tripmom02
on 9/27/11 6:42 am - NJ
 The band is a closed system, there is no way for anything to evaporate, no matter what they put in it. 

Palaminolady
on 9/27/11 6:45 am - Woden, TX
hmmm...not according to what i have heard the drs and nurses say. They say that the saline evaporates over time. Just what I heard. I am not a Dr. so I don't know.

tripmom02
on 9/27/11 7:45 am - NJ
 If that was true, then by the time women with breast implants turned 80, they would be flat chested again LOL BUT I did email Alergon to see what they have to say on the subject, I will let you know whey they write me back. 

Palaminolady
on 9/29/11 3:01 am - Woden, TX
Ok, so those of you who wanted to know. The band is perfect so luckily nothing wrong with it. But I have a blockage in my esophagus and that plus the band being restricted the was it was is why nothing was going down. So I had 4cc's in my band and he took out 3cc's to loosen me up. I have to go to a Gastro something person to have them make sure there is not a reason for the blockage then "balloon" me open. But in the meantime I can drink liquids and eat mushy food, I just have to go slow but it is a relief because I am getting my energy back. I also asked this new Dr. about the saline evaporating and he said that was true. So, anyway.

Most Active