Just Curious??

Lori S.
on 12/5/11 10:37 am - MI
 For those of you who have been banded for more than a year how much do you have in your band and what size do you have.  I am alway curious what is working for others.  Myself I have a 10cc band and right now I have about 6.7cc.  My highest level was 7.1 cc but about a cc evaporated - had a miscommunication with the surgeon and did see him for a bit over a year.  I am pretty tight especially in the am right now but don't think I am too tight.  Thanks for sharing.... Lori

kathkeb
on 12/5/11 11:30 am
I have been banded for 2 1/2 years ---- with an 11cc Realize Band.

I have no idea how much fluid is in my band - except to say that it is the right amount for me to have a sense that it is there, but not so much that I cannot live a full and healthy life.

I probably have between 7 and 9cc or so ---- but I don't keep track.

I have been maintaining my weight within 5 pounds plus or minus my goal for about a year now.
Kath

Kate -True Brit
on 12/5/11 3:52 pm - UK

I am one of the oldies! The 4 cc band. Not sure much fluid - around 2.8?  

Kaye

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Jean M.
on 12/5/11 9:18 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Lori,

I've been banded for a little over 4 years. I have a 4 cc band with 3.2 cc's in it. I haven't had a fill in a year and don't think I'll need another one for the forseeable future.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

jennifer B.
on 12/5/11 11:30 pm
I have had my band for over two and a half years and I have around 2.4cc in a 4cc band. I don't think that I will get a fill anytime soon. It has been almost a year since I got one.
JENNIFER 5'7" Tall - 33 YEARS OLD - Ticker Includes 26 Pounds Lost Pre Op - 2.4cc in a 4cc lap band with a low profile port - 1st fill 6/19/2009 of .2cc - 2nd fill 7/24/2009 of  1.3cc  -  3rd fill 9/11/2009 of .3cc -  4th Fill 10/30/2009 of 1.8cc - only had .4cc when I went supspect leak - 11-9-2009 Upper Gi with fluroscopy - Do not have a leak and band looks great...I finally have restriction - I love my BAND!!!  5th Fill 1/11/2010 of .2cc  6th Fill 3/15/2010   of .3cc.  1st UNFILL of .6 cc or so on 4/19/2010  7th  Fill 7/26/2010 .2cc  Eighth Fill 8/30/2010 .2cc  Ninth Fill 10/25/2010 .1cc  Tenth Fill 12/20/2010  .1cc       

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/11 1:03 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Fluid amounts in each persons band are very individual to that person. There are so many variables that you must take into consideration, variables that can change on a day to day, minute by minute basis.

The following were my personal triggers that changed restriction in my band to go from " perfect " to too tight. This is why my level of fluid would mean nothing to your personal level of fluid.

1. My sinus problems, post nasal drip.Allergies,hay-fever
2. My cycle
3. Stress
4. Cold or flu
5. Pain
6. Inflammation
7. Flying
8. Eating with people who questioned my food intake
9. Anxiety/Panic Attacks, This was a big trigger for me because I suffered from anxiety & panic attacks brought on by my band complications and my brain learned to react  to the pain before my body felt any pain. Whenever I felt an anxiety attack coming on I would start the deep breathing exercises trying to stop the oncoming attacks, but was most of the time unsuccessful which only caused further stress and pain because I was unable to take any of my medications for pain due to my band clamping shut.

Lori S.
on 12/6/11 7:17 am - MI
 I have discovered that stress is a huge factor for me!  I can go from "perfect" restriction to am I too tight?  

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/11 7:36 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I remember sitting out by the pool one day, very happy, very relaxed and then from out of nowhere
massive anxiety attack....
NanaB.
on 12/6/11 1:14 am, edited 12/6/11 1:15 am
It's never HOW much someone has in their band, but how YOU FEEL. Everyone is different, based on the type of band and thickness of someone stomach, they may not never need a fill, some people get the wrong size band placed for their anatomy and their surgeons filled them to the max capacity and they still don't feel much restriction.

I am going on 7 years with my original band and I have the older model 4cc 10mm Lap band and I believe I had about 2.6cc about mid point, I would say I can eat between a few bites for breakfast up to about 1/2 of a weigh****chers meal for lunch and dinner I probably could eat an entire weigh****chers meal.

I have not had a fill now in almost 2 years, every time I debate on going back for a tweak, my band tightens up, I like to keep my band at moderate restriction since it's fill with saline and there is always an ebb flow, depending on illness, colds, stress, what I eat, menstruation, high elevations, etc. this way if I don't keep my band filled to the rim I can much deal with its variations in changing restriction and avoid unnecessary trips to my surgeon or ER.
 Are you overall Happy with your Band and want a postive environment to stay on track? Join us and become a member of our Happy Lap Band Group Keep it bookmarked! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Happy_Successful_Banders/ 

Tooty
on 12/6/11 2:28 am - Germantown, TN
My 3 year Bandaversary is on 3/31/12.  I have an 11cc Realize band and have a little over 8cc's in it.    I didn't have any restriction until I had about 5.5 cc's.   I'm going for my 2nd fill for this year (2011) on Thursday.  I'm pretty sure this will be the last one for quite sometime as I am pretty much close to losing all that I want.

Good Luck!
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Most Active