9 years since band surgery and all is well

VickiStevens
on 1/5/12 8:29 am - Tacoma, WA

So, technically it will be 9 years on January 9, but since I will be on the road on the 9th I thought I would post now. What can I say? The band has been a godsend and a lifechanger for me. It doesn't make my life perfect, but it certainly lets me live a healthy, active and FUN life!

Here is my story. I had m band placed on January 9, 2003. At that point, I weighed 240 pounds. It was not a perfect journey for me. I did have one slip very early and had an additional surgery to move the band back into place. That happened in October 2004. My band (the original band) has been in place and doing it's job ever since.

My stats:

height: 5'4"
weight: I range from 130 - 136
clothes size: usually a 4 but occassionally a 6 (depends on the clothing line)
health: EXCELLENT
activity - I practice yoga, do zumba, walk and generally keep myself fit

For updated pictures, go to my profile and view the 2011-2012 photo album.

Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Anna H.
on 1/5/12 8:39 am - Lawrenceville, PA
That is really amazing!!! Congratulations on keeping it off. Its good to know that even with some minor problems you have done so well. I have been having some problems and I am only 9 months out but am determined to do well with the help of my band. Thank you for inspiring me that I can do this long term :)
  1.           "Rescuing one dog will not change the world...But for that dog the world will be forever changed.
VickiStevens
on 1/6/12 12:28 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks and it is definitely possible!
Vicki
looking4hope
on 1/5/12 8:49 am

Congrats!

Highest 317 6/1 start pre-op diet312 6/15 2 days before surgery303 6/22 5 days post-op296  6/28 11 days post-op  290 7/5 18 days post-op 288 8/19 10 weeks post-op 278 9/10 274 11/6 268 2/18 257 3/26 249 5/14 237

Kate -True Brit
on 1/5/12 4:07 pm - UK
 Vicky!! So very long since we saw you on here!  Very big welcome back!

Great that all for you band and weight wise! Hope that your life in general is good - 
I know there were some very nasty times for you.

A big e hug! Keep coming here! The vets wil delighted and the newbies need you! Mons is over nine years but I think you are the next " oldest".

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

VickiStevens
on 1/6/12 12:27 am - Tacoma, WA
Hey Kate - you are looking great! I'm glad to see you are still on the boards. I have been so busy, but that is no excuse for not dropping in at least once in a while.

The band and I are both doing great. The personal stuff is settling down. I don't recall when I was last on so here is the litany:

My brother Michael passed away June 2009
My Mom passsed away October 2009
My significant other and I broke up September 2010

In other words, it was not the best of times. But, we get through the tough times so we can get to better times.

My daughter had my grandbaby Bray in May 2010. We are having a blast with that baby! He is quite a character. I met a new guy in January 2011 - and it is really good. I mean REALLY good. To continue the good, I just bought a house. I love it! The career is still going great, and I am still traveling a lot for work.

So, it is a good life.

Talk to you soon!
Vicki
onmyway06062011
on 1/5/12 9:14 pm - FL
VSG on 03/10/14
vicki
i was so glad to see your post this morning when i logged on what an inspiration 9 years i only had my band put in six months ago in june and in october i had a bad slip which required surgery to fix but now i am back on track and to see your story just renews my hope even more that i can go forward and it is not written in stone i will have another slip ( it is always in the back of my mind that it could happen again) but your incredible success is truly inspirational and just what i needed to see..thank you and congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!

VickiStevens
on 1/6/12 12:29 am - Tacoma, WA
A slip is not the end of the world. It's scary, and statistically it does put you at higher risk for another slip, but as you can see from me - higher risk doesn't necessarily equate to another slip. Hang in there and you can definitely be successful.
Vicki
debbiejean58
on 1/5/12 11:19 pm - Antioch, TN
Vicki, so glad to see and hear from you, I was thinking the other day about you and wondering if you were still doing OK with your band.

You are looking gorgeous as always!!! Glad to know there are still a few of us out there that are still doing well with the band.
VickiStevens
on 1/6/12 12:31 am - Tacoma, WA
Hey you! I am doing good. And it has been way to long since I was on the boards! I must do better.

You are looking fabulous, as always. I can tell you are still doing great with your band.

Take care.
Vicki
Most Active