alright fellow lap-banders - going in for breast reduction & abdominoplasty in the morning

Ambelina
on 1/29/12 3:14 pm - Salem, OR
I'm nervous now.  Really excited, but nervous.  I avoided the nerves over the last week by being super obsessed about work and trying to work ahead so those covering me would not have as much to do.  This was scheduled at the end of November.  I'm just so shocked it's actually here now.   

But all my work is done.  It's 11pm.  I need to take my shower & wash with the funny soap.  Then I need to try and sleep.  My hubby's work revolves around storms.  He's been off since October but wouldn't you know they called him late last week and he has to report to Seattle for work tomorrow morning.  So while he was heading up the interstate, my amazing sister was heading south to come help me after the surgery.  Mom will be there too for support and all.  Hubby and I will be connected with our cells.  Thank heavens for those gadgets! 

Okay.  So time for my shower & then to try to pretend like I am sleeping for the rest of the night. 

Wish me luck (prayers are gratefully accepted!).
Amy
Highest 298; Pre-op: 279; PreOp BMI 41.  CW: 188 & Current BMI: 30!!!!! Thank you Lord for Dr Nair!!!
1st Goal 248;  2nd Goal 230 met!!!! 7/2010;  3rd Goal 215 - met 9/18/10!!!; 4th Goal 200 - 12/20/2010...  Surgeons goal met - I'd like to lose a litte more.  

vlp1968
on 1/29/12 5:31 pm
Wow- it is exciting and nerve racking all at the same time. I have had 2 surgeries since I lost the weight. A tummy tuck/boob job and then a facelift. Both went well. You will be fine! Let us know how it goes.
Swanlakeprincess
on 1/30/12 10:46 am
 Did you have your Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck done at the same time?

72jsb
on 1/29/12 10:11 pm
Best of luck to you!!  I'm seeing my surgeon in a few weeks to talk about a tummy tuck.  So nervous to even talk about it but so want this skin to be gone!!!

kathkeb
on 1/29/12 11:29 pm
I am having my tt in about 6 weeks.

My surgeon is using a technique called 'progressive tension suturing' -- it is supposed to be drainless.
I don't have as big a panni as others who have lost over 100 pounds -- and so he believes that I am a good candidate for the procedure.

Ask lots of questions when you go for your consult.

At my WLS support group, we had a visiting Plastic Surgeon ---- he recommends having the TT done before any other lower body work -- said that a 'good' TT can alter the top of the thighs and improve their overall look --- I am hoping that is true in my case.

I had my arms/breast lift done first (Nov 2010) --- and now the tummy -- don't think I will do anymore than that.

I interviewed 3 plastic surgeons before settling on the one I trusted the most.
Kath

Tiff tells all
on 1/29/12 10:58 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
So Excited for you! We need pictures, details, the works. If you need anything, you know I'm only an hour away. Holler!!!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

kathkeb
on 1/29/12 11:24 pm
Amy --- by now you are probably finished and home resting in your own bed or recliner.

I am praying for an uneventful surgery and quick recovery for you.

(I have an abdominoplasty scheduled for March 8, so I can't wait to hear how things go for you).

Bless your sister and mom for stepping up -- and I hope your hubby is home soon.

Rest up -- keep us posted!!!!
Kath

Lisa O.
on 1/30/12 1:41 am - Snoqualmie, WA
You're in my prayers, Amy.  Keep us posted!  You're my guinea pig so take lots of photo's and notes!

You deserve this!  All your hard work and here's one of the rewards!

Best~
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Lori R.
on 1/30/12 4:25 am - Manhattan, KS
I had a cirumferential abdominalplasty almost 3 weeks ago and I can't believe the difference it has made.  I was like you, nervous yet excited before the surgery.  All went well and now I'm saving up for a medial thigh left at the end of the year.

Good luck with your surgery!!!
Lori        
coachgrrl
on 1/30/12 7:14 am
 Good Luck!

I'm so jealous.  I want to lose this last 25 and do the same.  I have a feeling college tuition for my dd will probably trump my PS.  But I can dream...

Most Active