Whats that smell?

Tiff tells all
on 1/29/12 10:56 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
 I finally figured out why I can smell the patchouli down the block and the left overs in the garbage. The neighbor smoking makes me want to gag.   I didn't know sense of smell changes during pregnancy. It's all making SCENTS now. Lol!!

I got on the What To Expect When Expecting daily emails and I'm really thankful that I'm not going crazy. After reading the 6-6 1/2 weeks section I have to wonder what's playing with me the most. The band or this baby. When I think to myself at the meal just isn't going down or agreeing with me, is it the nausea talking or the band. I'm going to have to start paying a lot more attention to my body.

I also am afraid I'm going to be forced to start drinking ridiculous amounts of water. Since I'm pretty much off the mochas now and I'm not getting in enough fluids. Amazingly, water is starting to even sound good. This is a first!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

coachgrrl
on 1/30/12 12:38 am
 Oh yeah your sense of smell will be heightened...even rice has a smell when you're pg.

The good news...all that nausea, etc.  shows you probably have some good hormones going on and a good pg.  I was morning sick with all 3 of my kids, never threw up...just felt hungover.  With the 2 m/c I had ...I felt great, no nausea at all.

Try fruit juices that are non acidic to sip on...I used to like cranberry cut with some water and/or flat ginger ale 

So go get nauseous...it's a good thing ;c)

wsmommy
on 1/30/12 12:39 am
 Back in the day, I carried that book around with me!  Hubby took to reading it just so he had a shot of understanding me at any given time. LOL!!

With my first child, I couldn't stand the smell or taste of anything with tomato based sauce including ketchup.  I spent the first three months eating plain Sonic cheeseburgers to get rid of the nausea.  Worked for me, anyway.

With my last one, I had wicked heartburn that only responded to chocolate milk, weird!  Smells didn't bother me much and I could eat anything, I would just have heartburn.  

Each pregnancy, in each human female is beautifully different and amazing.  No matter what anyone tells you, your experience might be similar, but still uniquely your own.  Log all these things you go through in a baby book, journal or blog...you will be happy you did later because time moves so fast after they are born. :)

Toni

Tiff tells all
on 1/30/12 11:40 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
 I've heard that no two pregnancies are alike. That's pretty exciting. It just feels like the bizarro world right now. 

Tiff

Mell
on 1/30/12 1:41 am
For me smell and hearing! Right now I am 13 weeks and I smell everything! Even the trash from dinner when I am upstairs can drive me nuts. My poor husband has to take the trash out every night!
pitablond
on 1/30/12 9:21 am - Harrisburg, PA
Holy crap Tiff...I totally missed that you are pregnant!!!  CONGRATS!   Motherhood is an amazing roller coaster that I wouldn't change for the world!

As for the patchouli...hate that smell!

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

Tiff tells all
on 1/30/12 11:37 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
 Yeah, things are pretty crazy right now. We are over the moon excited even though it's still pretty early. I think I'm ready.....

Tiff

hopeinarizona
on 1/30/12 9:50 am
OMG OMG OMG! I have been off the forum for a while and just logged in to THIS! Many congratulations Tiff!!!

Tiff tells all
on 1/30/12 11:37 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
 Thanks so much Hope! 

Tiff

Hislady
on 1/30/12 12:21 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hon you are gonna experience a whole bunch of new stuff on this new ride so just sit back and enjoy it. Tell the neighbor I said you could hose down his smokes!
Most Active