preggo- 7 weeks-ish

Tiff tells all
on 2/6/12 1:21 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19

I'm 7 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I know it's still early, but I'm feeling this full swing already. My band is fairly tight and right now with the nausea, I'm struggling to get in my caloric goal. i'm trying really hard but everything makes me want to gag at this stage. Apparently other band mommas are not having this same issue. Some are heaving like crazy, others are gaining weight and eating like crazy, but not me.

I am having some of the weirdest food aversions. I don't get it.... some of my go to staples make me cringe. For those who have gone through it, it's probably normal, but It's very bizzaro world to me.

I go in weekly to my employee clinic and the Nurse Practitioner goes over my journals, takes my blood pressure and all that. She used to be a prenatal nurse so she's really excited to have me as a pet project.  BTW- My BP is really really low and they are watching that.  She's not worried about my weight at all because a lot of women lose in the first trimester. My surgeon said I can ride out this fill for the full term just as long as I'm not vomiting. YAHOO! Lets home that doesn't start happening anytime soon. 

So far I'm down 8 lbs since getting pregnant.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Jean M.
on 2/6/12 1:25 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Thanks for the update, Tiff. I've heard a lot of preggo ladies talk about food (and smell) aversion. I'm glad you're not puking - that's no fun for anyone, least of all a bandster.

You're going to post a pic of your tadpole when you have your first ultrasound, I hope. Hint, hint.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Tiff tells all
on 2/6/12 2:07 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
you know I will for you, but only because you hinted so nicely.

Tiff

Jean M.
on 2/6/12 2:43 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Good.

Of course, you do realize that if that baby has curly hair already, you will hear me scream all the way from Tennessee to Oregon!

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

melly37
on 2/6/12 1:32 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
So excited for you!!  I remember losing weight the first and second trimester with my baby boy.  (he will be 21 in March!) My how time flies!

I hope the nausea goes away very soon, and never develops in to heaving!  I also hope you can enjoy and cherish every moment of being pregnant!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Tiff tells all
on 2/6/12 2:10 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
So far this has NOT been a beautiful magical process.... But I'm holding out hope that the blergy feeling goes away soon.

Tiff

Kitty C
on 2/6/12 1:40 am
Congrats Tiff!!!  So happy for you!!!
Tiff tells all
on 2/6/12 2:11 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19

Thanks Kitty, we're pretty happy too.

Tiff

tamiissunshine
on 2/6/12 2:11 am - Halsey, OR
Congratulations!!! This pregnancy I was pretty nauseous too for about 16 weeks! I lost 12 lbs, unfortunately now I've gained all that back. It is going to just be trial and error probably right now to find out what foods aren't going to make you want to puke. Hopefully your morning sickness will subside in a few weeks.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Dev *.
on 2/6/12 4:49 am - Austin, TX
Make them give you zofran, so you can eat without fear of vomiting!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Most Active