Too much in my band.

Michelle_W
on 2/19/12 9:11 pm
Adjustable Gastric Band on 11/10/11
 I had a fill of 1 cc last Monday, and I can't eat.  I am waiting for my docs office to open to have it removed.  I only have 5 cc's, but it is too much.  At 4 cc's, I could eat a whole plate.  There is no in between!
Jrzyboriqua
on 2/19/12 9:56 pm - East Windsor, NJ
Hi Michelle

I remember when I had 1cc put in in one shot.  I felt very uncomfortable.  I had to go the very next day and have about less then 1/2 taken out. 

Are you vomiting at all or you just can't eat at all?  Hope they get you in right away.  You don't want to end up getting dehydrated.

Keep us posted!

heathercross
on 2/19/12 10:16 pm - New York, NY
I am sure you know this but, you can get a partial cc.  Have them take out .25 or .5 cc and see how it feels.
rebecca110
on 2/19/12 10:41 pm - Milledgeville, GA
When I have had a fill, it takes a few days to settle down it seems. After about a week, I start to fill better. Are fluids going down okay? I did have to have an unfill after my 3rd fill. Then they gradually put it back .5 at a time. That worked well. I am now at 6cc which seems to be too tight, but I am also not loosing. Please post your outcome with the doctor.
Michelle_W
on 2/19/12 10:51 pm
Adjustable Gastric Band on 11/10/11
Thanks for your responses.  I did not know that you could have a partial fill, I will ask.
GIGI6531
on 2/20/12 12:51 am
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE INFORM ME ON THESE FILLS? THEY SOUND LIKE YOU ARE TAKING A GAMBLE VERY TIME YOU GET ONE AND IF YOU GET TOO MUCH YOU MY NOT BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR DOC RIGHT AWAY, IS THIS RIGHT? I MEAN TO THE POINT THAT PEOPLE START VOMITING AND GETTING DEHYDRATED? MY DOC WILL BE 2 HOURS AWAY FROM ME HOW BAD IS THIS?
Nic M
on 2/20/12 1:01 am
You are right.  It's something to consider when getting the band... how long it will take to get to your doctor's office should you need your band unfilled. A lot of emergency rooms are kind of clueless when it comes to this, unfortunately.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Regnu
on 2/20/12 1:46 am
Have not had any fills yet.  Get first fill in a few weeks.  The doctor said he puts in 3cc the first fill.  Does this seem like a lot at one time or is this the norm?

wbell
on 2/20/12 4:14 am
3ccs sounds like a huge amount for one fill!!! I have never gotten more than .5cc or 1cc at a time. However, I'm not your surgeon and don't know what size band you have, etc.

Talk it over with your surgeon BEFORE you get the fill. Tell him your concerns and ask him if this is standard procedure and how long has he been doing this and how successful has it been? How many had bad results? This is YOUR body!

My doctor will not do fills on Fridays in case anyone needs to come back on a Friday after a fill during the week before the weekend rolls around.

Ask lots of questions!
kathkeb
on 2/20/12 4:36 am
I have a Realize 11cc band.
My band was placed inside me empty -- and my first fill (at 4 weeks post op) he tried a 5cc fill.
that was too much -- I could not swallow water easily in his office, so he took out 1cc and left me with 4.

I had another fill (1cc) 3 or 4 weeks after that.
Then, we did 1/2cc and 1/4cc for the rest of my fills -- I think that I am at about 8.5 but not sure.

The Realize band can take a pretty aggressive first fill ---
Kath

Most Active