Band Adjustment - How does RIGHT feel?

A K
on 3/5/12 1:09 am
DS on 08/30/17
 Hello, erveyone!

Happy Monday!

I have had my realize band for about 10 months now and I am very pleased with its results!
I am eating better than ever, I feel more in control, and these are the first 10 months in my life when I have consistently lost weight without gaining any back. Up to date I have lost 51.2 pounds!

I feel fine most of the time, a little hungry every now and again but nothing I can't manage. I am eating much less (about a half) than I used to and I have had about 6 or 7 adjustments now. My band is at about 3/4 full.

While in the office for my last fill I started talking to four other bandsters and got a little scared and confused about my level of restriction. They said they are physically UNABLE to eat any bread, rice, or pasta (2 of them). They said they cannot swallow more than two bites of bread or pizza.
I can eat ANYTHING! I have - shamefully - eaten 2 slices of pan crust pizza hut pizza without feeling any physical discomfort, and bread or pasta are really not a problem either. I do feel full a lot sooner than before, but I still have to exercise my will power - which I do most of the time - because the band does not restrict me against any foods.

My question to you is: according to your experience, is that normal? Should I be feeling more restriction? My smaller concern is that my band is not full enough yet (if I am supposed to feel physically restricted against certain foods) and my biggest concern (and fear!) is that my band is not at the right pot!

Any helpful insight?
sandraleanne
on 3/5/12 1:47 am - TX
First congrats on the weight lost! The second thing is everyone is different and have difficulties with food and at different times of the day! So with that said, there are times when a slice of pizza would be good, others its like heck no way it will go down. Since my last fill I pesonally cant eat pizza unless its a thin crust and have nothing before hand. If you are losing weight then dont make big changes other than next time one slice pizza and have a salad with it lol

melly37
on 3/5/12 4:13 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
If you are okay with having self-control and not experiencing too much hunger, then please don't pu****!!  Not being able to eat rice, pasta or bread is the norm for Bandsters that are at a good restriction, but it doesn't mean it's optimal.

Optimal restriction is where YOU feel comfortable, and are successful at losing weight.  Having a band that is 3/4 the way full it only takes a couple of drops of saline to make a difference...so, if the weightloss slows down or you are just very hungry and are having trouble a small fill can help.  Good luck, and keep up the great work!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

michele1
on 3/5/12 11:02 pm
Revision on 07/07/15
I agree with Melly.....if you are losing and aren't very hungry then you are at the right level for you.... everyone is different, I have always been able to eat breads and pastas regardless of how tight I was........I always thought that it was because I eat gluten free pastas and breads and I only eat toasted bread..............my though process is that you should be able to eat anything, the only thing I have a hard time with when tighter is dry meat.

Congrats on the weight loss!!!!

Michele
Most Active