Losing again... YAHOO!

Tiff tells all
on 3/14/12 4:09 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
I have historically tried to consume between 1000-1200 calories a day which worked the first year and a half. I lost almost 100 lbs! And then I regained a little and then a little more after my partial unfill.

For a long time I struggled to even get in those 1000 calories. Well in the last few months, due to pregnancy, they upped my caloric intake to a goal of 1500 but striving for 1700. I don't know if it's the hormones, the lunar alignment or what, but I'm running with it.

I'm down another 6 lbs in the last two weeks. I am eating healthier and heartier than ever before. Seriously... Today I had a decaf mocha, two pieces of bacon, two eggs and some hashbrowns for breakfast.. Yesterday I had a pint of chocolate milk and yogurt, split pea soup with 10 yes TEN crackers, apple juice, I had a little of some chinese beef something with onions and green peppers, I had some cheetos : ( and some fruit punch. I had some parmesian cheese crackers, I had 2 shortbread cookies and a huge bowl of paleek paneer. I'm telling you! I'M EATING!!!! And I have only had a heaving morning sickness like three times. I've had barely any nausea so that doesn't seem to be a contributing factor.

The strangest thing is happening. I'm losing.... Thoughts? Had my body adjusted and gone into starvation mode at the lower calorie level? Is it just baby crazies taking over?

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

cheynne03
on 3/14/12 4:43 am - West Monroe, LA
I have no idea, but if you have to get pregnant to lose weight, count me OUT!  LOL, I am happy for you.

Theresa

S 254/C168/G150   
          "Patience is the companion of wisdom."  St. Augustine

Hislady
on 3/14/12 10:19 am - Vancouver, WA
I think it's a tidal fluctuation! I've done that before too, starve for awhile then go crazy but end up losing. It's hard to tell, but I say run with it as long as you can. Babies love cheetos and cookies! Take care of the sprout!
Wendybrum
on 3/14/12 11:01 am - Oceanside, NY
 woohoo tiff
congrats
wendy
Bexie
on 3/14/12 10:41 pm - MO
It could be, on the lower caloric intake, your body was in starvation mode and stored every calorie you took in just in case. It could also be that your body is using more calories because it is building another human being. During pegnancy, there is a rise in body temperature, and just that little rise is enough to burn more calories.
Ready For A Change
Dev *.
on 3/14/12 11:40 pm - Austin, TX
Pregnancy does use up about an extra 300 calories a day!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Stacy T.
on 3/15/12 3:17 am
Maybe you were eating too little and your body was in starvation mode? At any rate,

HEY TIFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! MISS YOU  :) :) :)

So glad to see you are doing well! How far along are you? Im off the FB for good now so that's why you haven't seen me lately. Gearing up for baby #2 hopefully get pregnant this fall. What's new???

Love you girl!
Stacy

Pre-Op wt : 210 (Nov 08)

Lowest Post-op wt: 145 (Jul 12)

Removal wt: 185 (Feb 19)

thiknena19
on 3/16/12 12:08 am, edited 3/16/12 12:08 am - bronx, NY
congrats on the pregnancy and ofcourse the losing weight!!! I read an article yesterday that said women who tend to eat 1200 calories 2 times a week and eat normal the rest of the week are losing more weight then those who eat 1200 calories everyday!!! and i also heard the first few months of pregnancy women tent to lose weight!!

take care
pitablond
on 3/16/12 8:01 am, edited 3/16/12 8:01 am - Harrisburg, PA
I cant remember the starting weight of my pregnancies but I remember losing a lot the 1st trimester and then slowly gaining...but not much towards the end of the 2nd and throughout the 3rd. The OB had no problem because I was eating healthy.  I wasnt sick with either pregnancy so that wasn't an issue either.  Keep doing what your doing!

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

Regnu
on 3/17/12 2:34 am
I read somewhere that the band is supposed to keep you from going into that starvation mode.  It sends signals to the brain of being full on less calorie intake so you don't get the signals that you are starving. Hope it's true.

Most Active