? leak

donnamy3sons
on 3/25/12 5:02 pm - Pinetops, NC
Revision on 08/13/13
I went in for a fill on Friday because I have been starving lately and have gained some weight. The Nurse Practictioner checked the samt of fluid in  my band (suppose to be @ 5.5 cc) well I only had 4.25cc. I asked  her where it went. mY last fill was in Jan. so in 2 months where has all the fluid gone???I specifically asked did I have a leak and she said no a leak would mean no fluid??? anyone have this and if so what did you do? I can go back in 1 month for another fill but it cost me out of pocket everytime I go....would love some advice thanks! oh I ma also 2 years out from surgery....never had any problems....

MARIA F.
on 3/26/12 3:47 am - Athens, GA

It could be a slow leak, or also depending on where the leak was you could still have saline in the band. Next visit have them verify the amount again. If any is missing, don't bother having them do another fill! REVISE!

FormerlyFluffy.com

kathkeb
on 3/26/12 10:21 am
Ok....deep breath time.
Most of the fluid is there.
It is almost impossible to extract all fluid....some remains in the tubing ..... And it is very possible that even though you think that there was 5.5 cc in there, that there was closer to 5
And being able to extract more than 4 is a good thing.

I agree with your nurse ...... A leak would most likely have caused all or most of the fluid to be gone.

Our bands are pressure systems .. If there was a leak in the system the pressure would be off and most of the fluid would be absorbed by your body.

A cc is a teeny tiny amount of fluid ... Not much more than several drops.

Ry not to worry about it.
Kath

Most Active