You'll never believe this; discouraging doctor!!!

NunnOther
on 4/13/12 10:35 pm - FL
Lap Band on 04/05/12
I'm one week post op.  Yesterday, I had my first post-op appointment to check my incisions.  MY doctor was on vacation, so I had to see the other doctor in his practice.  Needless to say, I fully regret that decision.   He was an hour and 15 minutes late when he walked into my room and by then I was beyond frustrated.   With this surgery, I've been late to work or have been leaving early once every two weeks for appointments, meetings with my nutritionist, pre-op appts. etc.   Anyway, the doctor told me because of my attitude,  he was 99% sure that I was going to FAIL.   I've only met him one other time and he has the most horrible bedside manner.  He believes in brutal honesty, and while I appreciate that, I never liked his approach.  But trust me, I don't want hugs and kisses, I want honesty---but I don't believe in being rude. 

Anyway, we had a couple words back and forth. Basically him saying that he knew my type and me telling him that he knows nothing about me.    I knew I should have walked out.  He said I'll be like Carnie Wilson, in a few years when I regain all this weight and have to get another surgery, I'll be thinking about him.  What a butthole!    Guys, I am SO discouraged now because feel like he was taking something out on me.   I didn't do anything to deserve this treatment, nor do I need to hear that I'm going to fail one week out of surgery.   PLUS, he's not even the doctor who performed my surgery.    It just doesn't make sense. 

Since starting this, I've lost close to 25 pounds BEFORE surgery, so I know I'm getting my head in the right place about what to eat, how to exercise, etc.   I just don't get rude people, especially when he was supposed to be there to check my incisions and talk about my diet after surgery.... sorry, had to vent. 

minnie_cat
on 4/14/12 12:05 am
Wow, that is unbelievable and unacceptable. I would definitely have a discussion with your surgeon about this visit w/ the devil.

Don't believe this guy. Keep positive and don't let this guy screw with your head.

You are doing it and you will continue to do so!

NunnOther
on 4/14/12 12:46 am - FL
Lap Band on 04/05/12
Thanks, Minnie.... after crying in my car for 30 minutes, the old me would have pulled into a fast food rest. and said TO HELL WITH IT!   But I went work, and had my first soft meal of tomatoes and a little bit of turkey salad.  I know I can do this....I've been struggling with my weight all of my life and I finally feel like I can succeed.   I wish I was the type of person that could be disrespectful back (well, the old me could, lol) but with this new lifestyle change, I'm trying to change all of me.   

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 4/15/12 1:10 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I would look him up here on OH and give him a bad review!!!
What he did was totally uncalled for !!!!

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Bette B.
on 4/14/12 12:51 am
 Aw, hell no!! He needs to be in another business (perhaps pathology, so he doesn't have to deal with live people), and I would have left the office with his balls in my purse.

Call the office manager first thing on Monday and demand that it be written on your chart that he have no contact with you. File a complaint with them and tell them you are considering filing one with the state board(s) as well. You don't have to DO it, but the "fear of god" is a powerful tool.

Now that you've gotten the tears out of your system, remember that HE is the asshole, not you, and that HE works for you, not the other way around. If you ever have any dealing with him again, feel free to tell him to STFU. Or, just take me with you and *I* will handle his ass.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

NunnOther
on 4/14/12 1:15 am - FL
Lap Band on 04/05/12
Bette, I love you...thank you so much!!!    Today I woke up, like wait a minute.... so, I wrote a 8 paragraph email to my surgeon and copied the office manager.   I'll be doing some research today to try to find if the practice has an owner and info about the state board. 

Bette B.
on 4/14/12 5:55 am
 They both need to understand and re-evaluate their thinking (if there is any) about the Internet and social media. We meet a LOT of people on here who consider our surgeons, and if we have poor experiences with them, their prospective patients will know about it.

When I had my surgery, there were 3 surgeons in the practice. While I considered my surgeon "my surgeon", I never thought of the other two as being doctors I wouldn't see or recommend. Quite the opposite, in fact, since I liked them both - as surgeons and as people - and never hesitated to see either one for appts or fills if my guy was unavailable.

Then, the practice had what can only be viewed as a truly messy divorce. Patient issues, when they were addressed at all, were done poorly and several of them - people I had spoken to on OH and FB quite a bit - we asking me what they should do. I asked the docs, and was threatened with legal action by one of the "other guys" for questioning the way they were handling (or mishandling) their patients. After basically reaming him a new one and demanding that all mention of me and my success as one of their patients be removed from all their print and web advertising, I had nothing more to do with them.

Long story short, their poor service and outrageous conduct hurt only their PATIENTS, since I am uncomfortable saying anything - even that I considered them good surgeons - to anyone considering WLS, because of fear that I will saying something that they consider libelous.

I refuse to accept poor/unacceptable service from ANYONE i give money to: from the plumber to the guy who changes my oil to the restaurant who makes my eggs. And that list also includes doctors. People are always shocked when I tell them that they can fire their docs. I've done it more than once.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

MARIA F.
on 4/14/12 1:25 am - Athens, GA

You might need to be more concerned about YOUR Dr. than the rude Dr.! There's a thread about him takeing money for "lifetime care" of his bandsters and then dumping them! :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

NunnOther
on 4/14/12 4:00 am - FL
Lap Band on 04/05/12
In researching complaints on the other doctor, I found those as well!   I wish I knew about this site prior to surgery.  He doesn't offer "lifetime care" in our office, and now I know why.

MARIA F.
on 4/14/12 4:12 am - Athens, GA
On April 14, 2012 at 11:00 AM Pacific Time, NunnOther wrote:
In researching complaints on the other doctor, I found those as well!   I wish I knew about this site prior to surgery.  He doesn't offer "lifetime care" in our office, and now I know why.

Where I went it was a one year price including all the fills. When I went for my first fill at 6 wks. I found out the practice had been sold. They reluctantly followed through with some of the aftercare, but they made it very difficult.

I'm very glad you didn't get sucked into a lifetime care with that particular Dr. like some of his previous patients! That was just WRONG! :-(

Hope your next Drs. visit is much more pleasant!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active