I am not losing any weight

NYISHA
on 4/25/12 4:36 pm - blue island, IL

I had the lap band done Jan 13 and was doing great losing the weight going to the gym and etc. Now I have gained back 20lbs and cannot seem to shake it back off or get back into the same grove i was in when I first had it done. Has anyone had this happen to them and if what can I do to get my self back to losing to weight. I had three fills but I dont feel like when I first had the surgey, and i did try weigh****chers....I feel lost and not sure what to do now

Bette B.
on 4/25/12 10:09 pm
 If all else fails, talk to your surgeon and a nutritionist. If you're falling into the same behaviors of overeating, grazing, etc. you need to get into a support group or get in to see a therapist.

Go back to the basics: start at the full liquid stage over again week by week and follow all the rules to the letter: small bites, chewing like mad, no drinking, etc.

If you're still doing everything right and nothing is working, you may need to have the band checked, which brings me back to my first suggestion: talk to your doc.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

NYISHA
on 4/28/12 1:58 pm - blue island, IL

Thanks Bette, I am going to try going back to liquids on Monday. I feel like its a new  month which mean its a new start. I do want to see my doctor and go for another fill hopeful this will work out better. Thanks again.

Ginger83
on 4/25/12 11:14 pm
REALIZE Band on 02/02/12
Nyisha, I have the same problem! I was banded on 2/2/12, i lost about 30 pounds and now i'm at a stand still. I tried upping my exercise and still nothing. :o( Hope it all works out for you. I think Bette's right we should go back to some liquids and see where we go from there. I get my 3rd fill the first week of May, so i'm hoping that will help! 
NYISHA
on 4/28/12 2:02 pm - blue island, IL
HI Ginger, I glad to see that I am not by my self with this. I have up my exercise as well even started the insanity work out...I will drop about 3-6 lbs but then I hit a wall again. This will be my 4th fill if I go back again. Thank for the support. Maybe we can keep in touch with each other and see how things are going after you get your next fill?
nrhunt1972
on 4/26/12 12:40 am
Make an appt and see your doctor ASAP!
Bette B.
on 4/26/12 1:06 am
 Also keep in mind that we all will go through plateaus on this journey. Mine was a month long and happened in my second month. Lost ONE pound all month.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Cherokeesage
on 4/26/12 2:17 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
I had no choice but to have the band removed.  If you are not having any problems with the band like pain, vomiting, blood, slippage, etc., then you should talk to your Dr about not feeling any restriction so he can check your band or perhaps you just haven't found your sweet spot.  I would not rush to have a revision until figuring out if your band will work for you.  Are you eating meat first? Meat always made me feel full.  Liquids just slide right through so you need to make sure you are not drinking liquids right after you eat or during your meal.  Good Luck

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Most Active