Has anyone's taste buds changed since surgery?

NunnOther
on 4/28/12 7:54 am - FL
Lap Band on 04/05/12
I LOVE  tomatoes, I used to eat them with every meal----and now, something is weird about the taste of them.  I heard this can happen.  Has this happened to anyone else since surgery?   Are some foods tasting different to you now? 

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/12 1:33 pm - IA
RNY on 02/14/12
 YES! CAN'T EAT SHRIMP (WHICH I LOVED) ANY HOT BREAKFAST CEREALS LIKE OATMEAL, GRITS, MALTO MEAL, AND ANY BREADS.BECAUSE OF FOOD TASTING DIFFERENT, I AM LIMITED IN THE THINGS THAT I CAN EAT. TALK WITH MY DOCTOR SHE SAID IT SOMETIMES HAPPENS, BUT AS LONG AS I GET MY PROTEINS IN I WOULD BE OK. SHE SAID TO TRY LATER TO SEE IF I COULD EAT THEM AT A LATER DATE.
Cheryl N.
on 4/28/12 2:31 pm - Des Moines, WA
With the band I had, no taste change at all....  now with the bypass, YES it sure did change alot of tastes for me! 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

crystal M.
on 4/28/12 11:49 pm - Joliet, IL
No taste change here.  I still want and crave the wrong things.  The difference is I now don't give into the craving every time. 
Jean M.
on 4/29/12 12:38 am
Revision on 08/16/12
In my last year or so of banded life, many foods just didn't taste the same. I even thought that the recipes for some old standbys (like Wheat Thins or Triscuits) had been changed because they tasted so blah to me. But when I had a complete unfill in February, all those foods started tasting wonderful again. Very strange!

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

MARIA F.
on 4/29/12 9:07 am - Athens, GA

The only thing that changed was the BC butter and herb instant potatos. Nothing else. Strange huh?

FormerlyFluffy.com

Tooty
on 4/30/12 3:49 am - Germantown, TN
I'm like Jean.....I liked my bad foods tasting differently..I didn't miss them anymore...now that I am still filling back up from a complete unfill, they taste good again..lol...trying my best to stay on track.
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
SueBee01
on 4/30/12 6:16 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Some of the things I have given up, like soda, taste really bad to me now. I am very thankful of that! The only other thing I have tried that I really like that I don't like now is cole slaw.
 Sue

Most Active