The battle of the Baby Weight Bulge with the BAND

Jen_CRT
on 5/25/12 1:19 am - Banner, KY
My experience with my band during pregnancy was totally different from others I have talked to. Most people become tight during pregnancy and must have fluid removed. I was the total opposite.  At the time of becoming pregnant I had 8 cc's in my 10 cc band. At 9 weeks I had 1 cc removed  due to my DR pushing me to. I had switched DR to one closer to home.

My new DR wanted to completely empty my band and told me to enjoy my pregnancy and worry about losing the weight after. I explained to him that I had no restriction and I didn't need a complete unfill.

WELL to make a long 9 months short I gained 55 pounds. I was under a lot of stress during my pregnancy. My 5 years old son was diagnosed with TYPE 1 DIABETES and also the fear of losing this pregnancy due to a previous miscarriage.

4/3/2012 my beautiful daughter was born via c section and restriction returned about 4 days after surgery. I have had 2 fills so far and now at 8.3cc's and am at my SWEET SPOT.

As of today and 7 weeks post op............. I AM DOWN 35 POUNDS AND 20 POUNDS LEFT!!!!!!!!

Yay me today! TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FROM SURGERY 104 POUNDS!

NunnOther
on 5/25/12 1:28 am - FL
Lap Band on 04/05/12

Congratulations!!! 

Jen_CRT
on 5/25/12 2:05 am - Banner, KY
THANK YOU!!!!!! CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mell
on 5/25/12 2:09 am
I went though the same thing, I actually got depressed while pregnant last time from gaining so much weight I was so worried I would not get it back off. I lost all except for 10lbs 5 months after deliver then got pregnant again! I have 4CC's in my 10CC band and am 7 months now feeling good only gained 25lbs so far and I think will get a slight unfill soon as I am beginning to notice things not moving as freely and do not want to take any chances I have heard horror stories that after deliver with all the swelling and pressure your body goes though that the band became so tight they could not swallow saliva. But I do love my band for sticking with me!
Jen_CRT
on 5/25/12 3:19 am - Banner, KY

Thank you for sharing you story! I too was depressed and worried. I was going to have more removed before my scheduled c section because of the horror stories I had heard. Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!!! Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c_cubed
on 5/25/12 3:13 am
God Bless you!  Congratulations on your bundle of joy and on your continued weight loss!  You are an inspiration!!
kathkeb
on 5/25/12 3:15 am
Congratulations, Jen!!

When I was having my plastics, I talked with patients who said their doctors removed all of,their fluid prior in case they had nausea with the anesthesi?

I talked with my surgeon and we agreed to leave things alone, he prescribed an anti nause med (which I never needed) and I was fine.

After my tummy tuck, I had a lot of abdominal tightness, so I got a small unfill.

I think it is great when we can work with a surgeon who listens to our indivual needs. I would hate to have to start over on my fills just because that is how they do it.
Kath

Dev *.
on 5/25/12 3:39 am - Austin, TX
I hate when docs really push women to remove ALL the fluid for a pregnancy. Thankfully nether of my OB's or my surgeon have felt this was necessary. I gained about 23 lbs or so with my first and came home weighing only 4 lbs over my baseline. I seem to be on track to go about the same way with the second. I cannot imagine how much I would have gained with my fill gone!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Jen_CRT
on 5/25/12 4:02 am - Banner, KY

My biggest fear was starting over. It took 8 months to find my sweet spot and I really didn't feel like starting from square one!

Even though I didn't have restriction I know I would have gained a lot more without it. My healthy lifestyle changes helped with the stress of my sons diagnosis. Without the band I would have gained more!

Most Active