so happy!

Sabina B.
on 6/13/12 10:04 pm - MD
 After 9 days at the same weight, I'm actually down a pound today!  It's so insignificant and random, I know.  Could be fluids, could be bloating, could be a shift in the earth's gravitational pull (heehee), but the fact is, I see a number on the scale that I haven't seen for YEARS!

Yes, impatience is one of my biggest faults.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

c_cubed
on 6/13/12 11:52 pm
NICE!  It's always good to see that number on the scale go down! 

Check this out:  I went in for an appt. this past Tuesday.  The PA looked at my band under the flouro and said "Hmmm....a little too tight, lets take some saline out"  I was thinking to myself "It doesn't feel too tight"  And I had lost weight from 4 weeks earlier, but I said "OK, go for it"

Long story short, I've lost 2 more pounds since Tuesday afternoon. 

The PA said that the stomach is not static, but instead it moves around--it's "dynamic".  The band doesn't move, per SE, but the stomach does.  That's why for me, in the mornings, my band is too tight eat.  

It is so important to go in every 4-6 weeks that first year, especially, for follow ups.  My adjustment from 4 weeks ago was spot on, but at some point, my stomach "resettled" a little bit and that caused the band to become more restrictive.  Had I not gone in for a follow up, I wouldn't have noticed a thing!

There is no excuse to not go in for follow up care.  Keep going and keep up the good work!!
Sabina B.
on 6/14/12 3:43 am - MD
 That's great that you've dropped 2 lbs so quickly.  But I don't get it -- allowing more room for food allowed you to LOSE weight?  Still getting to know the band, not sure how that works.

I have my second post-op appt made already, don't worry.  :)

c_cubed
on 6/14/12 6:34 am
Ok, so the PA said because when the band is too tight, you're unable to eat well-portioned meals, so you inevitably end up being hungry more often, which means your more apt to eat more often.

As for me,  I really didn't think I was too tight.  Especially because I had had a decent weight loss a little over a week ago (5 lbs over a 3 week period) and in fact, I was so surprised that I had even lost weight because I felt like I was eating all the time and I wasn't being mindful of my diet.   Which is exactly one of the passive signs of being too tight!

That's the benefit of having fills under a  fluoroscope.  Its simply objective and cannot be disputed
Sabina B.
on 6/14/12 10:42 am - MD
 Thanks for explaining.  I'm learning so much!

Most Active