Back from the Doctor and Kicked in butt!

Butterfly618
on 7/26/12 1:12 am - NJ

I went to the Doctor yesterday after a 15 month absent and I am up 19lbs.  I felt ashamed and embarrassed for gaining.  For "failing" myself and my Doctor.  When he walked in he said OK you had a little slip up a bump in the road, but I have to commend you for coming back at this point for help.  I see patients who wait until they have gained almost all of it back.  You did a good job of monitoring yourself.  So what are you going to different to get back on track.  How can I help you do that.....What, did I hear that right?  He was kind.  He understood.  Damn I wish I went sooner when it just was 10 and I tried to lose that before I went to see him.  That 10 turned into 19lbs.  I am kicking myself for not seeking help sooner...OK lesson learned!!!.

I want to thank you all too for reaching out when I asked for help.  I should have know better and came here as soon as I was struggling.  You guys are the best {hugs}. 

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Chashton
on 7/26/12 1:18 am - NY

I'm glad your visit went well for you. 

Did you get a fill?  Or will you just get back on track?

Denise

Butterfly618
on 7/26/12 1:24 am - NJ
Denise, I can't get a fill I have all the fluid my band can hold in it already.  He made a appoint for me to see the nutritionist.  Gave me a food menu sheet with 1 month of meal  planing.  Gave me the support group schedule.  I reassured me that if I do the work it will work.  I feel inspired and confident. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/12 4:56 am
 Care to share the menu sheet and meal planning? if so, please mail [email protected]
Butterfly618
on 7/26/12 7:15 am - NJ
happy to I will scan it and email it to you ASAP

-Mari-
on 7/26/12 3:35 am
Woo Hoo, for you and your Dr!! I bet it made your day, thank for posting!
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Bette B.
on 7/26/12 5:09 am
 And here you thought YOU were going to have to give HIM a boot in the ass! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Hislady
on 7/26/12 6:46 am - Vancouver, WA
So glad it went well, most docs really are in the business because they care about people's well being. Now get out there and put all that energy to good use!
Colleen S.
on 7/26/12 7:28 am - Mechanicsburg, PA
Hi Butterfly, 

Could you send me a copy of your meal plan too?   If so, my email is [email protected].

Thanks,
Colleen

kelly_girl
on 7/26/12 9:56 am
Butterfly,

Seems like we have alot in common right now. My Doctor was amazing also and pointed out over all total weight loss, he did not dwell (or make me feel worse) on the situation.

I have no fill at all and am back on protein shakes for a week or so to detox from carbs, refined sugars etc.

I too would love a copy of your diet. Please email it to me at : [email protected]

Thanks so much for sharing with us

Most Active