Medications that cause weight gain.

Michelle_W
on 11/11/12 5:23 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 11/10/11

I had lost 70 lbs, but gained 40 of it back from a medication that I am taking.  I feel AWFUL.  The med was cut in half, and I continue to diet and exercise.  I have faith that my weight will go back down, especially since I have quit any drinking that I did during that time. 

grannymedic1
on 11/11/12 7:10 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

Many of us are on meds that can cause gain. Go back to the basics with your band and you should do fine.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Michelle_W
on 11/12/12 4:06 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 11/10/11

Thanks, I have gone back to basics.  The other problem is that I have a knee injury, and arthritis in it, so it is harder to exercise.  I am being persistent though. 

Ninelivedlady
on 11/12/12 4:39 am

I feel your pain.  I take several meds and the one which helps the most - has been part of why I'm struggling to lose more.  My best advice is to OF COURSE continue to take medication as your doctor recommends.  You are nothing without your health.  Ask your doctor if there are any other alternatives that are weight neutral or do some research on line about your illness and see if there are other medications out there that can be used - so you can suggest them to you doctor.  It doesn't hurt to ask. 

Most Active