16 months since my revision....

tripmom02
on 12/7/12 5:21 am - NJ

and I would not change one.darn.thing. I was so sad and angry when my band had to come out, and I was afraid of the change to the Sleeve, but it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I am well below my original goal, with over 160 lbs total lost. I went from a size 28/30 5/6xl to a 4/6 and s/m. I have been at goal now for several months, and maintaining fairly well with little to no struggle with food. I can eat pretty much anything in small quantities, but limit myself.

The most important thing for me though is the fact that I am now physically fit! I have the body stats of an athlete and that blows my mind (my blood pressure is generally 90/60, resting pulse rate in the low 50's and my body fat is right around 18%!). I ran a 5k race this past weekend and came in FIRST PLACE in my age group! 

I have been having some personal struggles with the weight loss dragging up some stuff from my past, but I even with that I would not change a thing.

So for anyone who is facing a revision or band loss, don't be afraid, sometimes it can be the best thing in the world even if it seems scary at the moment.

For my "reward" for being 16 months out, I got my ears pierced!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Stephanie M.
on 12/7/12 5:39 am

You've done so well, congrats!  I read your post re your ups and downs emotionally.  I completely get it.  I used my weight as a protective "shield", feeling very vulnerable when I approached "normal" weight, regaining, feeling miserable, but "safe" from unwanted attention.  At 63, I feel like that old yoke of guilt, shame and vulnerability is off my neck, finally!  I have suffered from depression off and on my entire adult life...it sucks.

It's great that you recognize your success and reward yourself with something beautiful.  

Steph

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Zee Starrlite
on 12/7/12 5:52 am

Gorgeous shot Courtney - earrings are fantastic!  Yeah, the sleeve rocks doesn't it!!!  I am still a *****ubby but I suspect I have some fears about letting go of the last of my insulation .  We've got to feel the fear and do it anyway - right!

Cool on the 5K and all the work and success you"ve had!  You truly deserve it.

All Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

kathkeb
on 12/7/12 7:07 am

Congratulations, Courtney --- you look wonderful and clearly you feel great, too.

You little runner, you!!!!!   I am so impressed!

Kath

justjudy
on 12/7/12 8:58 am - Canton, MI

That's wonderful, Courtney.  It is always great to hear a success story, and yours certainly is!

Judy

Jean M.
on 12/8/12 9:04 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

Congratulations, Courtney. You look mah-velous!

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

NanaB .
on 12/8/12 9:57 pm

Courtney you look beautiful, seems like the Sleeve works well with you , congrats on your success and I am wishing you many more years of success!laugh

Original Lap Band * 9/30/2005 * 4cc 10cm band*,  lost 130 pounds. 7 Great years! 

Revision surgery to AP small lap band *11/13/2012*, due to large hiatal hernia. I am hopeful about continuing my band journey uneventful and successful. I loved what my old band did for me and I am looking forward for my new band to Keep my weight downsmiley

MARIA F.
on 12/11/12 5:54 pm - Athens, GA

So glad you were able to revise to an effective WLS! You look great. :-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active