What are you eating today (Sunday) or yesterday?

vlp1968
on 2/9/13 8:26 pm

Hello,

Not a great day yesterday- more nuts and cheese than I had planned.  As I've said before, better than what I was eating a few weeks ago.  I am on prednisone  for the effect allergies had on my eyes.  I've been on it before and it does make me hungry.  I am going to really try to stick to the plan today.

B- fiber one and yogurt

S- protein shake

L- chili

S- berries and cheese

D- grilled shrimp and a veggie

S- 1/4c nuts

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Jean M.
on 2/9/13 9:44 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

You have my sympathy. Prednisone turns me into a grumpy, mean eating machine. More nuts and cheese than you planned isn't such a bad way to veer off your plan. Compared to a dozen donuts and/or a Big Mac, for example.

My food plan today:
B: protein latte
S: oatmeal w/ walnuts, a strawberry, and a dollop of Greek yogurt
S: pear
L: leftover chicken, kale salad
S: leftover green beans
S: raw fennel
D: baked sesame shrimp toast, Brussels sprouts
S: chocolate Fiber One cereal (dry)

I have been craving fruit, and just the little I'm able to eat, plus the raw fennel and other veggies, plus the Fiber One cereal, plus Metamucil in my water, all seems to be improving the constipation I've had since taking an iron supplement to treat my anemia. Also, since I started this fiber campaign, I've started losing weight again (4 lbs in 2 weeks) after a month-long plateau. I think, or at least hope, that all the fiber is increasing my satiety and reducing the fierce physical hunger I've experienced since my sleeve surgery.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

vlp1968
on 2/9/13 11:15 pm

Thanks for the sympathy Jean!  I am feeling a bit grumpy as well as hungry.  Glad you have found ways to increase your fiber and that it is helping all around.  Do you dump if you eat too much fruit?

Jean M.
on 2/10/13 9:18 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

Yes, fruit poses a dumping risk, but I do OK when I keep the portion size tiny (for example: 1 large strawberry, a few slices of banana, a tablespoon of blueberries).

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Kitty C
on 2/11/13 4:37 am

I'm finding that I'm eating dinner abt 30 mins later than usual, 6:30 p.m. instead of 6:00 p.m., so my goal is to eliminate my after dinner snack.  I'll see how this goes!

B-Greek yogurt w/ 1 tsp granola

S-Cashews

L-Corn, chick pea and shrimp Chowder (homemade)

S-1/2 chocolate chip cookie

D-Lentil burger w/ pickle (sans the skin), LF cheddar, steamed bok choy and cauliflower in garlic sauce

Water all day

Most Active