Single incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy

alicemenezes
on 2/18/13 3:12 pm

i have read about the single incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy here, but didn't completely understand the procedure. Why is it not well known? What is the procedure followed to do the same? And how is it related to obesity?

grannymedic1
on 2/19/13 12:51 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

The reason cholecystectomy (gall bladder surgery) is important as related to obesity, and wls in particular, is that relatively often as we lose weight the gall bladder will act up and need removal. It often happens after pregnancy, too. In fact as a paramedic if someone was post partum and was having pains we almost automatically thought gall bladder and were usually right. As with post pregnancy, post wls problems are not a given. I have had 4 pregnancies and 2 wls and have never had trouble. Your concern needs to be with researching the right surgery for you, and learning how to live with it.

It is a good question but you will most likely never have to deal with it. Good luck with the process toward surgery and the rest of your new life.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

pineview01
on 2/19/13 1:51 pm - Davison, MI

Same here with the pregnancy and three WLS related surgery.  Still have the gall bladder much to my PCP's amazement with my major weight loss yo-yo dieting.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active