Yea me!!!!

prek-3
on 3/5/13 10:21 am - Hollywood, FL
I was ( did ya catch that? "was" struggling with a little more than a 10 pound gain. I think everyone here can understand the problem with a 10 pound gain ( if you don't, as having been obese the fear is that those 10 pounds roll into 15, 20 etc... In the blink of an eye).

Anyway, I came back here ( a bit more regularly) I believe in early November. That was when I had gone into my doctors office thinking I would ask for a FILL. I knew, after getting honest with myself, that I didn't NEED a FILL! I needed to get down to the nitty gritty and "sit" with what was emotionally at the bottom of this.! I even told the PA at surgeons office that I didn't NEED a FILL after all. payed my copay and kept my monthly appt. to help keep me accountable. I don't normally go every month, but, I felt especially during the holidays, I needed that accountability that much more.

Oh that 10 pound gain was affecting my wardrobe choices too! Damn thighs! I had had a lower body lift summer of 2011, so my $&@? Thighs really feel and in certain outfits , look hideous!

Anyway, last week before seeing the PA again, I had 3 different people ( none who knew about my surgery) Tell me, not asked me, but told me that i looked great and noticed that I had lost weight. : )
2 people at the gym and my spin instructor! It meant the world to me!!!! I was already feeling it in my clothes, but now to have other people notice it was huge!!!!!

What did I do?

- if I got off track, I didn't let it roll into the next day. I got back on program the next meal instead. ( that was a hard self talk)!

- Nothing that was overly processed! I "cleaned" up my eating more than what I was already doing.

- I also changed up my exercise routine. That was soooooo important! Our bodies get use to the same old routines! i so appreciate that saying, "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten."

- I "sat" with my feelings too! That was quite challenging! Of course I wanted to eat my way into numbing the feeling, but I did it more often than not.

- I also asked for more help at home and at work. A few times I had to get nasty about it, but they "got the picture" so much better!!!

Does that make me weak? Nope, just empowered me more!

So if you too are struggling, please know you are not alone! And it can be tackled 1 pound at a time,
Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Member Services
on 3/5/13 12:15 pm - Irvine, CA

What a great message!  Thank you so much for sharing your story.

angry

Member Services

giants21
on 3/5/13 7:39 pm
Thanks for sharing. You always inspire and motivate me! I have been having some medical issues lately not sure yet if it is band related I should know by Friday. I haven't been making good food choices and have not been walking. I figured why bother. After reading your post I feel positive and menu planned for the day so thank you
prek-3
on 3/6/13 2:36 am - Hollywood, FL
Thanks,
I feel "safe" here with "my peeps"!
Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Jean M.
on 3/5/13 8:41 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

I know you've been doing some hard work and hard thinking. I'm both proud of you and inspired by you. Good going, and thanks for sharing your story. It always helps me to know I'm not alone in struggles like the ones you described and conquered.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

prek-3
on 3/6/13 2:37 am - Hollywood, FL
Thanks jean!
Oh, thanks for contacting my friend! She texted me immediately and asked if I knew you wrote a book! Lol
Prek3

vlp1968
on 3/5/13 10:07 pm

Thanks for a very inspiring post!  Keep up the great work!

Lisa O.
on 3/6/13 3:24 am - Snoqualmie, WA

Good job, Prek!!

You did all the right things and it paid off!  I'm inspired!  I up 20 lbs from my lowest and need to nip it in the bud right now!  Thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Most Active