adjusting bands

rere10
on 4/2/13 7:34 am

Has anyone had they band adjust on it own?  Some times I think it get tight by it self ? 

RERE

My new life started on 10-21-09   

Stephanie M.
on 4/2/13 8:15 am
On April 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM Pacific Time, rere10 wrote:

Has anyone had they band adjust on it own?  Some times I think it get tight by it self ? 

RERE

Rere, I thought my band was tightening on its own.  It's completely empty and I struggle with eating daily.  It turns out that my band is very loose and the problem is achalasia.  I posted a couple of things on here about it...the food is basically stuck in my esophagus, because the sphincter won't open in response to swallowing.

If you feel like your band has tightened, is fickle or are having issues eating, you really should call your band doctor.  

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Nic M
on 4/2/13 8:16 am

The band isn't adjusting itself. Your body changes daily.  The band can cause inflammation. Just like how your fingers are sometimes swollen if you ingest too much sodium, your internal organs aren't static, either.

There's not much you can do to control your internal organs. Sometimes the band's presence is enough to cause irritation... and that leads to inflammation.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

pineview01
on 4/2/13 9:38 am - Davison, MI
Also, you can build up scare tissue under the band. As this happens the band gets tighter. My would get tighter, they unfilled. I'd be OK for awhile and then it would get tighter leading to more fill being removed. This would go on until I was totally unfilled.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active