need help

rere10
on 6/10/13 10:32 am

does anyone ever think about food all the time.  I had my surgery done 10/09.  I've lost over 100 pounds and now all I do is think about food.

I have let my workouts go by the way side.  I just done know what to do or how it fix it.  I need some ideals please

RERE

My new life started on 10-21-09   

Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/10/13 2:58 pm

I had my surgery in 2008, I lost over 300lbs and I had found myself feeling very little motivation to get to the final goal.

BUT I knew that I had to do something -- I went out and get myself a new outdoor cycle.  I started training for a Triatholon and it kicked me back in the mode of paying attention to my intake and my activity.  I know we are on our journeys so long, that we lose site of what we are doing.  It's normal.  Have you gained?  Or just holding steady?  Have you ever wanted to compete in something?  I also put this app on my iPhone - "Striiv"  It's a walking app that counts your steps.  I have my friends from FB on there and we challenge one another through out the day.  I love it when someone sends me a challenge that says, "100 steps in 5 mins" I accept it and take off. 

Send me a PM and if you're on FB and have a Smart phone, we can be friends and challenge one another!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

NanaB .
on 6/10/13 10:24 pm

Post more often and keep to keep yourself held accountable and honest with your actions, and YES, most fat people think about food all time......you may have answered your own question, you have let your workouts go by the wayside...get up off off your couch and get moving, get a plan stick to it, make a plan that you can commit to, like walking a certain time of day every day at least for 30 minutes per day and then work your way up to an hour....YOU can do it you got the tool..NOW WORK IT!

Original Lap Band * 9/30/2005 * 4cc 10cm band*,  lost 130 pounds. 7 Great years! 

Revision surgery to AP small lap band *11/13/2012*, due to large hiatal hernia. I am hopeful about continuing my band journey uneventful and successful. I loved what my old band did for me and I am looking forward for my new band to Keep my weight downsmiley

katiekat412
on 6/11/13 3:32 am

I do think about food all the time. .I think it's much worse when I've been a little lax with the diet plan. That seems counterintuitive to me- if I get the stuff I want I should be satisfied.

Anyway, I have real issues with the obsessive/compulsive stuff too, but try being very regimented with when you eat (only certain, pre-determined times of the day and stick to it), and limit what you eat to what you had planned at each meal, no exceptions. If your brain gets conditioned that you can't give in to to eh obsessive thought, it should be a little better, but always a challenge.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

deedere
on 6/12/13 5:23 am

Hello, I know what thats like i think about food all the time especially when i eat sugar, its a killer for me. I am going to mexico fro a vertical sleeve gastrectomy surgery and i have  found that sugar is considered the evil in all weight loss surgery. I looked into the suppleemnts that people are taking pre and post op and they seem expensive and bad tasting. I did find finally supplementation and a program that is reasonable and tastes good. My biggest fear is going and paying out of pocket for a procedure and not losing the weight or regaining. The protien shakes are great and a b vitamin supplement thats only 2 oz is great too, I am planning to use these products after my surgery as well, and i did find someone on you tube that uses the products and was suggesting them. If you have questions you can email me at [email protected] or ca thanks and stay away from the sugar  it will really help

Most Active