Standing at the Edge!!

Butterfly618
on 7/3/13 5:01 am - NJ

I never got into wonderland.  I never was the 170 that I was was hoping for when I first had my surgery.  But the weight came off and I was moving into the smaller lbs and I was happy.  I felt beautiful.  People saw me as beautiful and I stopped worrying about my weight and thought I didn't need to worry because the band was there to control me. But then I realize something If you don't keep focused old habits return. Inch by inch, pound by pound.  I stepped on the scale and I was back into the 240's. If I didn't do something the 250 260 270 and so on were just around the corner.  I knew I needed to stop myself before it got too far.  I up 29lbs from my lowest.  I came back to the boards.  I started to journal food and thoughts.  I made that dreaded doctors appointment.  I took out the pamphlets that I received when I started this journey.  Got back to basics. So what did I learn... I learned YOU CAN NEVER EXPECT THIS BAND TO DO ALL THE WORK.  You have to participate because who are were is who you will always be. You just pushed it into a smaller size and it is waiting for the moment when you take you eye off of the job to step up and cause trouble.  I am proud that I got back on track before I gain 50lbs 75lbs or even 100lbs.  Back on track and helping myself to a healthy me with my band.

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

grannymedic1
on 7/3/13 12:10 pm - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

I absolutely agree with you. You have discovered one of the most important lessons; one that I encourage newbies to try to absorb so they know the work they are in for and that it is a life time thing. We don't get to the point of needing surgery with out having issues so if we expect to lose weight and then live happily ever after they will be in for trouble. It seems to me that you are heading in the right direction and I expect that you will find some great success. Good luck.

Thank you for your post,

Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Butterfly618
on 7/4/13 9:11 pm - NJ

Thank you Sue

kandee W.
on 7/3/13 12:13 pm

I agree with Sue

Congrats on getting back on track

Banded 2005

Butterfly618
on 7/4/13 9:11 pm - NJ

Thank you

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/13 12:13 am - Califreakinfornia , CA

I hate the damn band, but the beauty of any WLS is that...it is a tool that you can pick up and use again and again, as long as it is in proper working order.

Butterfly618
on 7/4/13 9:12 pm - NJ

Thank God mine in in working order and is helping me get back on track.

pineview01
on 7/5/13 1:35 pm, edited 7/5/13 1:39 pm - Davison, MI

Like Sue saidangry  The one thing I know is no matter the WLS, you have to work it and yes, diet (eat properly) for life.  So some ask why get the surgery if you still have to "diet" and work out, because we NEED a tool to HELP.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Lisa O.
on 7/8/13 3:03 am - Snoqualmie, WA

Congratulations on getting back on track!  It's great to see you post!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Most Active