Did my band slip?

Debbie R.
on 9/21/13 10:03 am - Las Cruces, NM

I will go back a few months to tell my story. Around 4 month ago out of no where I would get muscle jumps, not charlie horses'. I would be sitting down at the end of the day and then Wham! my leg would jump, my arms would jump, my hands, my back and torso. This happens every day. About 2 months ago my entire body jumped and this one was like a charlie horse. my entire torso was like a real bad "charlie horse". After a month ago I had another belly charlie horse. I had acid real bad for a week. My belly still hurts, like the pain that lingers after a charlie horse. So, for the last few weeks i have had this ache. This morning I rolled over to my right side, where my port is and I yelled. It was like someone stabbed my port. I never thought this all would be related. My tummy still hurts but the acid is gone. About an hour ago I did a test on myself. I guzzled a glass of water and threw it up. I am thinking about going to the ER. My husband is gonna take me, dragging me if he has to lol. So, now after my little noval here, do you think my band slipped?

Zee Starrlite
on 9/21/13 12:06 pm, edited 9/21/13 12:10 pm

wow it's surprising that you waited this long to get any medical attention especially since you have had problems before and you are on your second band.  sounds like something is up. I don't know what iS up, but I wish you well.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Hislady
on 9/21/13 3:24 pm - Vancouver, WA

This isn't normal with or without a band, you need to get medical attention asap!! Your body doesn't just spasm for no reason. If the ER can't help you get to a neurologist or your surgeon but get this solved.

Debbie R.
on 9/21/13 3:59 pm - Las Cruces, NM
Debbie R.
on 9/21/13 4:03 pm - Las Cruces, NM

I just got back from the ER. My band is ok. I feel a little foolish going to the hospital but I had to go to ease my mind. I have a follow up with a new Bariatric doctor on Monday

pineview01
on 9/23/13 11:47 am - Davison, MI

As far as the port pain, my body totally incased mine in a pseudo capsule of scare tissue.  This attached to my insides and any time I picked some thing up or moved it pull as hurt.  It got worse over time until just them accessing the port, they had to tip it to do this, I was in so much pain I just curled up and tried not to cry after for a few days.  The last time they just unfilled it all the way.

As far as the rest  sound like you need major medical help.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Zee Starrlite
on 9/24/13 2:08 am

We get so used to feeling so bad that we don't even know what a  "normal healthy" feels like.  This person feels foolish for going to the ER even after stating such severe symptoms.  indecision

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

pineview01
on 9/24/13 6:51 am - Davison, MI

Really!  I sure wouldn't feel foolish with her problems

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

melly37
on 9/24/13 2:10 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12

Yikes, Deb!  That sounds scary!! What doc are you going to see now?

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/13 9:23 am

(my first post in OH.) i know you have gotten back from the ER and now you are okay- thank God. Just in case anyone reads this and wonders if their band has slipped...I wanted to explain my "slipped" symptoms.

I became so tight that i couldn't even swallow my own saliva. that was it. it happened many times- but only once did i have a flouro done. i was slipped. unfilled me. tried a fill after a month- slipped again. i did this three different times until i finally said take it all out and leave me be. its three years later- i have no fluid and im still getting stuck. now that my port has flipped, im getting the band out.

Most Active