Catching up...

Tiff tells all
on 11/16/13 2:32 am, edited 11/16/13 2:43 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19

For those who don't know me. I've been coming since i got my band in 08. dropped a flat 100lbs by working my ass off! Fast forward.....

Yep, here we are, 14 months after having a c-section. Everybody is healthy. I try really hard to remember that little piece because its the most important piece, right?   I had only gained about 20 lbs with my pregnancy. My MD did not unfill me during my pregnancy. I had very little trouble with restriction, vomiting etc.  At the end, the pounds, 12 of which they say is the baby and fluids, is barely worth mentioning. So yea, i did damn good! I have a beautiful healthy baby girl that would not even be possible if it weren't for that initial weight loss of a 100lbs.

But I had a c-section and a bit of a recovery. Wow, I quickly packed on 30 lbs from sitting around, being able to eat finally and of course not exercising while my hormones went haywire. Uh oh! Sciatica, recovery, Halloween .... Crap!   I've got my work cut out for me. I've got to drop almost 50 lbs to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. That is 50% of my original weight loss!!

I remember how I did it. Thankfully I found a picture to remind me. It's a collage of all my workout methods. Hiking, biking, walking, swimming, dancing, snow shoveling, snowshoeing hahaha. I was so terrible at snowshoes. But it was a really fun workout. Oh believe me, the weight did not lose itself with just the band. There was no EASY WAY OUT. I worked hard to lose those pounds, the band just helped me keep it off. 

Well it's time to get back on the bandwagon! Where is the edamame? Go team go, let's start walking.

*edited to say I got my band in 08... Forgive me, it's been a while.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

cheyenne000
on 11/16/13 8:41 am, edited 11/19/13 12:42 am
VSG on 03/25/16

Welcome back Tiff it's great to see you. You baby is beautiful. Congrats on getting back on track. You can do it again.

Jodi

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Kate -True Brit
on 11/16/13 5:22 pm - UK

Welcome back, Tiff. We missed you but your absence was for a very good reason!!  Lovely!   Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Colleen S.
on 11/17/13 8:54 pm - Mechanicsburg, PA

Glad to see your post, Tiff.   Cheyenne, can you tell us more about Bette's group?   Thx

cheyenne000
on 11/20/13 4:51 am
VSG on 03/25/16

Send you a friends request colleen check your messages

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Jean M.
on 11/18/13 8:52 am
Revision on 08/16/12

Tiff, you've had a lot of new and special stuff going on in your life in the past 2 years, so I can understand how weight management kind of got away from you. But you were successful before and you'll be successful again!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

harleychick02
on 11/20/13 1:10 am - Lakewood, CO

Welcome back tiff. Glad to see you.  Congrats on the baby.  Time to finish what you started.  Thats what makes it our own journey- :)

Most Active