NEVER order from bariatriceating.com!

Dcgirl
on 1/6/14 10:36 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I am going to cross-post this in a few forums, since whether we are pre-op or post-op, this is relevant to us all.

We all know the commitment that goes into having WLS.  

Time-wise:Numerous appointments (an informational seminar, an endoscopy, an exercise test, a psychiatric evaluation, surgeon appointments, nutrition classes for 3 or 6 months, pre-op testing, EKG, a full physical) and sometimes more!

Then, you have to take a week or two or more off of work for the actual surgery.

Money-wise: Eating a healthy high protein diet is NOT cheap.  Shakes are costly, and we often have to try numerous brands and flavors to find shakes we like.  Lean meat is significantly more expensive than processed carbs.  My insurance only covered 90% so I had to pay $1,200 before I even had the procedure.

I have to just tell you about the terrible experience I have had with bariatriceating.com.  This is a personal experience, and some of you may say "I love them" but if you plan to order from this site, I want you to go in with eyes wide open.  I have ordered protein drinks and powders from GNC, Amazon, and bariatriceating.com.  Well I just got a package from bariatriceating.com and realized I didn't want/need the powder I had ordered.  I asked for a return shipping address so I can send it back.  I figured I would have to pay return shipping and I was willing to do so.  However, I receieve this reply:

"Your order of protein was $71.00. You will pay $10 in shipping to return it. Then we’ll deduct 25% restocking; $18. You will only receive back $43."

I have never heard of a 25% restocking fee.  Not even for electronics.  This is highway robbery, in my opinion.  I have returned protein powder to amazon and there was no restocking fee at all.  I wanted to share this story so you would all avoid having this same experience happen.  WLS is hard enough without having a company rip you off.  

vlp1968
on 1/6/14 11:33 pm

I agree, that's ridiculus to charge 25% for putting some protein powder back on the shelf.  I think Best Buy does the same thing if you don't bring it back within a certain amount of time.  I would be very irritated too.

pineview01
on 1/7/14 4:18 am - Davison, MI

Yeah and they are electronics and it is only 15%

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active