Band Leak?

CaliErica
on 5/9/14 1:54 am - Anaheim, CA
with

I am soooo confused, yesterday I went to see my lap-band doc regarding my lack of restriction. So number 1, she could not find my port. In the office, they poke around until they find it. She had to numb me several times before finding it. I am 3 years and 5 months out at this time. She said my port is "to the side" so she had to grab it and hold it. In March my band was filled at 9.6CC's of fluid. She was able to pull out 6. So she said she would do an "aggressive fill" and pump my band back up to 9.5. So when she went to fill it again, she was able to pull 2CC's more out, so really my band had 8 in it. She said it did not indicate that I had a leak, so where in the heck did the other 1.6CC's go?

MPD
on 5/9/14 2:16 am

I am sorry U R having a rough time

I don't have an answer

but you have my support

Kate -True Brit
on 5/9/14 3:03 am - UK

Although it should be, the amount of saline is not always exactly what we are told. 1.6 cc is a small amount and it may just be that at the last fill, you were given a bit less than intended. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Hislady
on 5/9/14 3:54 am - Vancouver, WA

Be careful about aggresive fills before a weekend tho because they sometimes don't kick in for a few days and you could end up way too tight. Kate is right tho that really isn't alot and they can't always get everything out so I wouldn't worry too much. Give it some time for the initial swelling from the fill to go down, it can take days sometimes for you to feel a fill. I've even read of people who take a coup;e of weeks to feel them, hang in there!

pineview01
on 5/9/14 1:30 pm, edited 5/9/14 1:30 pm - Davison, MI

What kind of band do you have?  They can't get all the fluid out of a Realize band.  What size is it?  I always had them pull 100% out each time and the most it was off was .25cc. and for me that was the difference between not swallowing spit and being wide open.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active