X-Post - I've got a date with plastic surgeon!!!!

JazzyOne9254
on 12/11/13 10:27 am

After nearly losing my mind....

I've got a surgery date!!!!

My plastics will take place December 27th at 10:00 AM  at St. Vincent's Hospital, Indianapolis!  

I got a call from the assistant today, who said the insurance company was called about the change of location, and told that both hospitals are part of the same corporation, just a different geographical location (about 10 miles worth!).  The assistant told me that the insurance company said the change of location would not be a problem, and they will send me a new approval letter indicating the different hospital.

I've had many questions asking how I got the insurance company to approve the plastics.  The excess skin has become a medical issue in and of itself, and I have been plagued by several bouts of cellulitis.  According to something I read, Severe Morbid Obesity is one risk factor for cellulitis.I never had it when I was SMO.  However, I am no longer obese, just overweight, according to the charts.  Once the excess skin and fat deposits come off, I will be closer to chart weight.

I have just a little time to get myself together for the surgery, as the hospital is two hours away.  

I'm a little concerned about being held in hospital for only 24 hours after the surgery, but I will discuss that with the doctor.

Big ups to G-d for making it all possible!  

Now...as lupies, we know that trauma to the body can set off nasty flares, but my surgeon knows this, just like my DS surgeon did.  She kept me in the hospital for a full seven days, just to make sure that if I did have a massive flare, I would already be in the hospital and it could be dealt with.  Same for my plastics.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

deedeebay
on 12/28/13 1:44 pm

Hope everything is going well with plastic, I know you will feel much better getting rid of that loose skin .

karin602
on 5/12/14 8:24 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I was not diagnosed until after my surgery. Started having p r problems about 6weeks later and took about six months to get the diagnosis and get started on plaquenil. I have lots of excess skin but I am just working on getting past this flare and scared to set off another. Good luck with your plastic surgery.

Karin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1745 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2062 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2179 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2958 views
Test