Meds????!!!!!

Sphinxy
on 1/8/05 2:39 pm - Redlands, CA
OK guys... I know you must be out there somewhere. There have been a number of issues that have been raised on other boards about lupus patients and it seems that we could help each other and our docs a lot if we could exchange information. 1. How many of you are on plaquenil post WLS.... does it cause nausea for you??? If you stopped temporarily, how long before you started again? 2. What are you using post WLS for anti-inflammatories???? My doc seems tot think that advil liqui gels will be OK for the pouch..... any other experiences or opinions? 3. How did your lupus do after WLS?? Flare??? Better? Worse?? How are you doing now?? Hoping to hear from my fellow wolfbit B
erin o
on 2/21/05 9:43 am - MOORPARK, CA
B, Just found this..I am going to post it on th emain board.I did not know it was here...I have surgery on thursday and will be on plaquenil after..Pain meds I dont know but I am miserable after getting off my 600s... How you doing? erin
Sphinxy
on 2/21/05 1:51 pm - Redlands, CA
Congrats Erin on your surgery.... will keep you in my prayers. If you find after surgery that you have much nausea you might want to consider Plaquenil as a possible source.... that was the main reason I discontinued it. Pain meds are tough.... I know I miss my 800s as well.... am presently trying every alternative method I know..... just had an acupuncture treatment last week..... and a therpeutic massage the week before that..... fatigue and pain are my major issues right now...... couldn't take the Advil (200 - liqui gels) without feeling some burning so Have stopped that. Good luck B
Jess
on 3/24/05 3:47 am - W St. Paul, MN
Hi! I have had Discoid Lupus for 9 years. The 2 years prior to surgery I was taken off of Plaqunil and Celebrex. My Lupus was in remission until I had surgery. 3 months after WLS my Lupus came back with a vengence. I control the pain with Vicodin usually. My DR. wanted to put me back on Plaquenil but I won't go back on that right now. I am 30 and want to have kids in the next couple years and I know that it takes 6 months for the drug to kick in and 6 months for it to exit your system. I was told to use asper cream for my joint pain and possibly Advil liquigels. and the answer to #3 is obviously worse. Jess
Laura S.
on 4/1/05 2:05 pm - savannah, GA
has anyone had cytoxin i am not sure on the spelling but it is a chemo drug and has worked good when I have had a flare up. dont know if that is an option after surgery but it does not go in the stomack just a thought
addysmom
on 4/24/07 3:34 am - dexter, MO
hello,  i have had two different rounds of  cytoxan.  the first round was in october of 2003.  i took 2.5 grams every four weeks, six treatments total.  it really helped.  (my kidneys spill protien and blood caused by lupus)  my protien spillage before cytoxan was way over 10 grams probably closer to 12 grams.  after cytoxan it went down to 6 grams and then i started cellcept pill 1000 mg twice per day.  then i had a flare up in may of 2005.  i took cytoxan infusions again, but this time i was supose to take them .5 grams every two weeks for 12 sessions total.  except i broke my elbow and had several other complecations and didnt get to take 12 consec. treatments.  took a 4 week break in the middle of treatments.  this round had no affect on my symptoms.   both rounds made me very sick after treatment for a couple of days.  zofran odt tabs for nausea really helped.  on the first round my hair thinned really bad.  i will not take cytoxan infusions unless it is my absolute last resort.  i am having another flair as of my last lab report.  my doc has increased my cellcept  for a month and if it doesnt work then we will try monoclonal antibodies.  the only problem is it is not aproved to treat lupus only lymphoma.  so insurance has already refused it once will try again, i guess.  my doc is so wonderful!   he recommend lap band to me a few weeks ago.  just began process yesterday.  my insurance is requiring 6 months of medically supervised diet program and 6 meetings with a dietician.  so the countdown has began!
BetsyJane
on 1/25/07 10:20 pm - TX
I'm on Placquenil and haven't had any problems with it. for pain, my Dr. said no NSAIDs, if possible. So I do chewable Tylenol. Oddly, even with only 20 pounds lost so far (and most of that around the time of surgery....going for yet another fill Tueasday), my pain is less. Must be the exercise and diet combined. I do though have an exercise routine for good days, and a different one for bad days. The bad days one is mostly stretching. Not sure I can avoid NSAIDs if I have a bad flare up in the future, though....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1761 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2070 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2192 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2967 views
Test
rockybuddy · 1 replies · 4704 views