Feeling Un-Manley

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/07 11:27 pm - Houston, TX
Ok guys, I;m gonna bear my soul... AAs a man there are certain things that we expect and certain things that are very different from our nature.. As a man we are expected to change the tire, unstop the toilet and Kill the bug....that is man stuff... but since my PS, I feel Un-Manley..... I have to "Moisturize"...shoulders to ankles....I have dry skin, very dry skin, since surgery...my doc explains that during the ps with the lipo...he traumatized every oil gland in my body, and they are in shock....so I'm flakeier than a Cressent Roll...and I itch...that clawing in the middle of the night crap//// So I spent some time on the lotion isle, and found some nonscented body lotion...and twice a day I have to "Moistureize"..adn it pains me to say , it helps with the itching.... this is just a rant about the indignaties that we go through... hope this made you laugh russ
Steve Bacher
on 2/1/07 1:24 am - Louisville, KY
Russ, I know how you feel. I am 4-1/2months post-op from my RNY and have dry skin all over. As much as I hate to do it I am going to have to start "moisturizing." The doc never warned me that I was going to turn into a woman. "haha" -Steve
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/1/07 3:21 am - Japan
Don't worry Russ, these days it's cool to be a little "metro". And you're a nurse, so moisturizer is just one of the tools of the trade. So, let your hair hang over one eye, put on your lotion and watch all of those coworkers start coming after you. Dave
Scott William
on 2/1/07 1:45 pm
Nothing wrong with a little moisturizer in the right places. Especially to help the itching. Nothing like changing my oil (literally, in my car) that makes me feel like superman for the day. I let it slip last night at work that I am putting together a scrapbook of my disney trip. The wrong guy got hold of the info and I got 10-15 calls tonight about my being a scrapbooker. I work in a prison, also. Kind of a manly job. Even my female lieutenant busted my balls. (hers are probably bigger). Perhaps we all have a little chick in us. Scott
nicksohnrey
on 2/1/07 4:33 pm - Syracuse, UT
dont feel alone Russ . Here in Ut the air is sooooo dry , like 8 percent in the winter. Top that off with extream cold this winter and everybody here has dry skin . My hands get so dry that they crack and split right at the tips . The cracks are no bigger then a paper cut , ,,,,BUT they hurt alot more then any paper cut I have EVER had ! Im a machinist so I work with my hands and Im all the time washing them. That makes all this even harder on my hands . I have to glue the cracks shut with this stuff I found its called. ( new skin ) This new skin is almost like super glue , but made for this kinda thing . So I keep hand cream in my car in the kitchen window right by the sink in my tool box at work EVERWERE . You get the picture . Nick
robo_petz
on 2/2/07 1:34 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
Hey there, If it makes you feel better I put lotion daily as well, in hopes that it will help with my loose skin in the long run. Although im having ps done hopefully at the end of the year. My doc tells me I needa be out 2 yrs first. Thnx, Robert =)
Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 16 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 16 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 45 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 71 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 88 views