Gallbladder

wahoo59
on 2/2/07 11:33 pm - Cranbury, NJ
Morning all, Just found out that I got gallstones Is there anyone who had to deal with this post op? I am 6 months out. Will this be a problem or is it routine? Just trying to get info now and do my research on it. Thanks for the help. Tommy
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/07 1:03 am - Houston, TX
Hey Tommy... Yep I did the gall bladder thing too...it's easier to get it yanked than put up with the pain, if they are bothering you...very out patient....in the hospital at 7am back home at 11:30 am and it was done Russ
Jim G.
on 2/3/07 1:29 am - Waverly, PA
Tommy, I had my gallbladder removed about 20 years ago with the open procedure. Now they do it laproscopically. I was told that once a gallbladder starts to produce stones, it will continue to produce stones. So you should probably consider getting it out. Gallbladder attacks can be very painful. Good luck. Jim
robo_petz
on 2/3/07 2:42 am - Ewa Beach, HI
Hey Tommy, I know some surgeons will take them out while doing the wls so there is no problems later, but for me I had mines takin out a week after my wls. I was takin medication to help stop the gall stones but I guess it wasnt enough. Robert =)
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/07 8:21 am
I had mine out about 10 years ag, and I'm only 35. I was losing some weight, which is one major way to get stones, and getting these PAINFUL attacks. Most pain I ever experienced. Actually drove myself to the emergency room twice. The first time, it was diagnosed as gastritous!! I told 'em I'm friggin' old enough to know what gas feels like, and this wasn't it. At the urging of my mother, of all people, I asked them to check for stones. They weren't into it because it's really rare for a man, much less a young man, to suffer from gallstones, but they gave me a snogram, and BOOM, chock full of stones. Well, I made my apointment for the elective procedure to occur two weeks after diagnosis, and 2 days before, a stone got loose, and jammed up my pancreaus badly. Needless to say, I was in the stepdown unit, and only because ICU was booked, for 7 days, then had the surgery, and stayed 3 more. Pancreanitis(?) can kill you, m'man, and it hurts like a mother. One doctor told me it made kidney stones look like a sprained ankle. Get that **** taken care of ASAP, I can't stress it enough. Good luck.
wahoo59
on 2/3/07 11:03 am - Cranbury, NJ
James, Thanks for the info. My PCP will call me on monday to tell me what I need to do. I am also going to see my surgeon on wed for my 6 month check up and see what he has to say. Thanks again. Tommy
Most Active
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 28 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 56 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 76 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 105 views