FART in the aisles at Sam's Club and my friend, the Foamies.

btankersley
on 2/3/07 9:27 pm - Farragut, TN
I went to Sam's this week - was feeling kind of down - wife was riding my a$$ about food, kid was unruly, etc. Had a FART in Sam's - picked up a 50 pound bag of rice off of one of the skids. I'm only down 46 lbs, but I thought about how darned heavy that bag was, and how much better I felt since I wasn't carrying that around any more, and won't be again. I'm also thankful for the Foamies. They have kept me from eating too fast this week - every time I get in a hurry, I remember the sharp pain, and the half hour of nausea from my loss of my foam-virginity, and I slow down. As they say about other things, you'll never forget your first time. Thanks for the discussion of the scales - got my Tanita HD-351 this week, and love them. I like them so much, I'm going to tell my PCP about them - her scales only go to 350 (!) Brian
HePaid4That
on 2/3/07 9:42 pm
Hi Brian, congrats. I've used people, bottles of water, and bags of sand for comparisons. Understand the wife riding you about the food....I have the same issue. Keep things positive...she's just scared that this isn't going to work. Not sure when that changes....mine has her good days and bad days. Yesterday was a bad day, today is better. That's why we need the encouragement of the brothers here in the locker room. So it sounds like you are down over an office water bottle and just under the bag of rice. I'm shooting for getting down the equivalent of both my kids by Valentine's Day. 84lbs. I'm almost 2 water bottles down now (78lbs). Blessings, Greg
semperfidad
on 2/3/07 11:47 pm - Shelbyville, IL
I have to second the Props for the Tanita HD-351 Scales (Up to 440# - Tracks 5 users) Purchased them on the recommendation of several board users early January and just could not be more pleased! Accurate and consistant!! Congrats on the Major Fart!! Semper Fidelis!
DoubleDee
on 2/4/07 1:19 am - Holland, MI
WOW! You're off to a great start ! Let me know if the wife / food debate ever eases up. I haven't even recieved a surgery date yet, and the wife is chewing my ear off over the whole situation. Just put her on "mute" and think positive. That's what I do. Love my Tanita. Mine seems stuck on 'slow' mode. Hope to put the "nitro kit" on it soon. Keep rolling with the weight loss, and see the thin, healthy Brian at the end of the journey - not the B.S. you have to wade through to get to him. DD
(deactivated member)
on 2/4/07 6:28 am
What's a foamie?
btankersley
on 2/4/07 9:37 am - Farragut, TN
See this post. It's basically when something gets stuck, and you chuck. Called the foamies because of the foamy drool that accompanies them. Quoting from the Gospel according to St. Dx: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/men/postdetail/38766.html?vc=0
Paul Gubrud
on 2/4/07 9:39 am - Pelican Rapids, MN
Brian, I understand what you mean about picking up a 50-pound bag of anything. We have horses and my wife buys the horse feed. It is my job to carry it into the barn. Every time I pick up a bag it reminds me of how much weight I used to carry around every day. I used to carry two bags worth of weight in fat, plus more; and I did it 24/7. Now, I can grab a bag, throw it on my shoulder and briskly walk to the barn about a hundred yards away. A year ago I would have taken the easy way out and driven the pickup up to the barn door. May Your Lantern Burn Bright, Paul
SouthJerseyChris
on 2/4/07 11:41 pm - Brick, NJ
The issues with wives and food pass.. mainly because 6 to 10 months in, you start tyo be able to eat more and it -looks- like more normal portions. For now.. just nod and smile..it works better then fighting it ;)
Most Active
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 28 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 56 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 76 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 105 views