F.A.R.T. Moment

HePaid4That
on 2/6/07 9:20 pm
Really cook F.A.R.T. moment. I went on my my first plane trip by myself in three months. Exactly 3 months ago yesterday (a week before my RNY) I flew back from LA and had to take the seat belt and bury it under my belly because it wouldn't fit and I was too proud to ask for the extender. Yesterday coming back from Tucson, it not only buckeled, but I had 7 inches to spare. I was fortunate to have the entire aisle on the last leg and was even able to turn sideways and put my legs on the seat without removing the seat belt. Also had the bulkhead seat with one of those trays that pops out of the arm - on the commuter plane. I have never been able to use that tray, ever. I've been too big the entire 18 years I have been traveling those planes. This time it opened, had room for my laptop and my gut wasn't touching...... This was a very cool moment. Thanks for all the support guys, you are helping me far more than you know. Blessings, Greg
FatManWalking
on 2/6/07 9:40 pm - Deep in the Heart of, TX
RNY on 12/11/06 with
I hope I can relate very soon! My job has me flying all over the place, normally. Since my surgery in Dec I have been off the airlines, but will be flying from Austin to Nashville on Monday. I have my own belt extenders for Southwest, Delta and American, that I have "acquired" over the years. I can't wait to "divest" them! Congrats on your FART! Hopefully, I will be farting all the way to Nashville on Monday. Let's hope they do not divert the plane like they did for that idiot that lit a match on the plane to cover their farts! JP
Chris M.
on 2/6/07 9:48 pm
Congrats on the big hairy stinker. I look forward to many of my own.
HePaid4That
on 2/6/07 9:50 pm
Hey JP, how much weight have you lost since your RNY.....I bet you get to discard one this trip or come real close. If you need anything while you are in Nashville, let me know. That's where I live. Take care, Greg
FatManWalking
on 2/6/07 10:19 pm - Deep in the Heart of, TX
RNY on 12/11/06 with
Greg, I was 346 at Thanksgiving. 322 on 12/11, when I had RNY. I am about 275 today. So -47 pounds since RNY on 12/11. I think that is just over 8 weeks. Average about 6 pounds a week. I have hung around on soft food longer than I should. Eat a lot of cottage cheese, soup and Wendy's Chili when on the road. Just starting to incorporate solid food recently. I walk about an hour a day. Need to start strength training very soon. I am very please to date. The trip to Nashville is very short, just for a meeting. I will be there about 18 hours, in Franklin to be exact. Nashville is a really nice city. My work takes me there several times a year. Take care. JP
Chris M.
on 2/6/07 11:24 pm
Wow, I never thought I'd see the day where "Wendy's Chili" was a crucial part to a diet regimen!
FatManWalking
on 2/7/07 1:03 am - Deep in the Heart of, TX
RNY on 12/11/06 with
If you need to eat on the road, it is not too bad. A small Wendy's Chili has 220 Cal 6g Fat 23 carbs, only 6g sugar 17g Protein. For fast food, that ain't bad. JP
Chris M.
on 2/7/07 2:04 am
You know that really is surprising. It is not bad at all! Not nearly as bad as one would imagine.
HePaid4That
on 2/7/07 2:08 am
You will have two Wendy's to choose from while you are here, so plan on it.
HePaid4That
on 2/7/07 12:09 am
Hey JP, actually I live right in Franklin. Wild. My office is right off HWY 96. I know the timing is too short, but perhaps next time. BTW, we are the same size. You won't need the extender on this trip - Congrats. I'm at 272. Started 352. Congrats my friend, you are about to have a great F.A.R.T. moment.
Most Active
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 42 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 7 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 7 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 42 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 68 views