What Got You Here Won't Get You There - Book Recommendation

HePaid4That
on 2/6/07 10:03 pm
Hi all, once in a while a really great book comes along that I have to recommend to everyone. A new one has come out that I bought for improving my management skills, however, I'm finding it is just as appropriate for the life change we are all going through. The Book is called 'What Got You Here Won't Get You There". It revolves around behaviors that keep us from rising higher in life and in our careers. One quote that is particularly cogent and echos why I gravitate to this board rather than traditional support groups or psychologists is the following: "I don't have much patience with 'therapy' that clings to the past, because going backwards is not about creating change. It's about understanding. Understanding the past is perfectly admissable if your issue is accepting the past. But if your issue is changing the future, understanding will not take you there.....the biggest problem is no matter what you do you cannot change the past (regardless of how much you understand it, you can only change the future)." The book is once again called "What Got You Here Won't Get You There" by Marshall Goldsmith. It has been really eye opening not only for WLS and after care thoughts but improving as a boss and a leader. Not bad for $15 investment. http://www.amazon.com/What-Got-Here-Wont-There/dp/1401301304/sr=8-1/qid=1170857350/ref=pd_ bbs_sr_1/102-5191614-1681707?ie=UTF8&s=books Blessings, Greg
headparrot
on 2/6/07 11:02 pm - Ponca City, OK
Thanks for the tip Greg. Looks like it got great reviews on Amazon. I'll give it a shot.
Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 18 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 50 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 74 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views