Insurance Approval!

Jeffrey H.
on 2/6/07 1:33 pm - Raleigh, NC
I've been mostly lurking for the past few months while watching the Wheel of Insurance Company Aggrevation spin endlessly. I started the path toward WLS last May, attending the intro seminar at Duke University Weight Loss Surgery Center in Durham, NC. It took a few months to go through initial testing; I had a heart attack two years ago and needed to get coronary and pulmonary clearances. After all that, Aetna turned me down for the lack of 26 weeks documented weight loss attempts, etc. I switched to BCBS of California this year (yes, I live in Raleigh, NC, but that was my employer's other option). They approved the precert request for RNY today, and I should have my date tomorrow! Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyeses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've all kept my spirits up and my focus going, and I wanted to say thanks now that I'm about to start the ride. Jeff Honeyman
Dx E
on 2/6/07 2:04 pm - Northern, MS
Congratulations Jeff! It may take quite a while to wipe that grin off your face Once you get your date!! Hollar out if you have questions... several here may have answers, or at least a story to swap! Best Wishes- Dx
HePaid4That
on 2/6/07 9:32 pm
Hi Jeff, that's great. Congrats on the patience to get here. Greg
Chris M.
on 2/6/07 9:51 pm
Congrats, It seems that the insurance approval is quite often the biggest hurdle in the whole pre-op process.
semperfidad
on 2/7/07 1:52 am - Shelbyville, IL
Good Deal Jeff!! See you on the Losers Bench soon! Semper Fidelis!
steveh
on 2/7/07 11:30 am - San Francisco, CA
Congratulations Jeff!! If it's Blue Cross of California my experience with them has been great - they were really supportive and quick to respond through the whole process. Good luck! Steve
Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 16 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 16 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 45 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 71 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 88 views