FART

dennismcl
on 2/7/07 10:14 am - San Francisco, CA
My mother is 79 and has health issues so I do a lot of chores and errands with/for her. She is involved in two clubs at her church and often has to stop by the office to pick up/drop off mail, get checks signed, etc. A few days ago, she asked me to stop to drop some things off and pick up any mail for her. The girls in the church office looked at me like 'Who are you?' I told them my Mom's name and they knew exactly what I needed. (Mom's been a member there for almost 60 years.) The next day, Mom stopped by the office on her own, and the girls who've been exchanging Mom's notes and mail with me for the last ycouple of years asked her "Which son was that that came in yesterday?' She told them 'That's the only one that ever comes over here!' They didn't recognize me! What a difference 100lbs makes!!!!!!
Dx E
on 2/7/07 11:17 am - Northern, MS
Dennis, Congratulations on your Life Incognito!! Sort of like Clark kent showing up as Superman.... Soon more people will get used to "the new packaging!' Keep up the Great Work!! Best wishes- Dx
dennismcl
on 2/8/07 10:39 am - San Francisco, CA
Thanks Dx. Another change is that I'm wearing my hair shorter than I ever have. About once a week for the last few weeks, I'll see someone around the campus at work who will do a double take, stare, and then say....hey, you really got a haircut! I just smile and say 'Yep!' Dennis
Scott William
on 2/7/07 1:42 pm
Isn't that fun. I always play it off and jump up and down about it when I am alone. Congrats. Scott
HePaid4That
on 2/7/07 8:59 pm
Hey Scott, that's terrific! Congrats.
dennismcl
on 2/8/07 10:41 am - San Francisco, CA
Yeah, you can't really express how happy you are for somebody to notice, but it DOES feel good. Take care, Dennis
DAN PACKARD
on 2/8/07 12:52 am - KOKOMO, IN
Dennis Isn't it great to have folks not recognize you. That tells you that you did the right thing by going with WLS. Keep up the good work my friend, it only gets better. Also I want to say that you must be a great son. I am sure Mom appreciates it. Dan
dennismcl
on 2/8/07 10:44 am - San Francisco, CA
Thanks, Dan. I KNOW I did the right thing having WLS. No doubt about it! As for Mom, I'm a lucky guy. First, I'm pushing 50 and I still have her. Second, she was a great role model. She always took care of anybody that needed to be taken care of. I could never repay all she has done for me, so the things I can do for her as she copes with her health and age are all labors of love. Take care, Friend, Dennis
Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 17 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 17 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 50 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 73 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views